No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Allowing user to send from multiple email addresses

This question is answered This question is answered

Good morning.

I am migrating a few domains to an Office365 account. I have about 4 or 5 domains currently, and only (currently) one account. 

I would like to be able to set up this account to send from multiple addresses (for example: Users main address is user@domain1.com, but also gets email from user@domain2.com, user2@domain2.com, etc. User should be able to respond to an email and make it come from user2@domain2.com, or user@domain1.com). 

I found some links about SendAs permissions, but these seem to be if i have multiple mailboxes, and allow user1 to send email on user2s behalf, but i dont have a user2... user2@domain2.com is an alias to user1...

Any ideas of how to do what i need to do? is it even possible?

Thanks in advance.

--Tiernan

0 out of 4 people found this post helpful.

Verified Answer
  • right, i found what i was looking for... seems you create new groups for each "alias" you want to send from, and then give permissions to the users... now to automate it in a script...

All Replies
  • right, i found what i was looking for... seems you create new groups for each "alias" you want to send from, and then give permissions to the users... now to automate it in a script...

• right. here is some quick PowerShell commands to do what i needed:

new-distributiongroup <groupname>

set-distributiongroup -primarysmtpaddress <newaddress>@<domain> <groupname>

add-recipientpermission <groupname> -accessrights sendas -trustee <user>

• Hello Tiernan,

Thank you for posting the method by which you were able to set that up.  That's exactly what I would say, but you beat me to it.  Good work on your research.