No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

This account can't be used to access Outlook.com

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi,

I have been trying to share a OneNote file through SkyDrive. Once i have chosen to share the OneNote file, i am presented with this error.

I am using a 365 email account.

--------------------------------------------------------------

This account can't be used to access Outlook.com

You're currently signed in with an Office 365 email account, which can't be used with Outlook.com. Please clicker here to sign out of your Office 365 account, then use another Microsoft account to sign in to Outlook.com (for example, your hotmail.com, live.com, or msn.com account).

Why is this error message coming up?

All Replies
  • Hi PPI,

As I understand, when you sign in your Office 365 account, the error message shows, please correct me on time if I misunderstand the issue.
    Based on my experience, do you use the same credentials to login in MOP (Microsoft Online Portal) and the Outlook.com (such as Hotmail.com)?
    If so, please delete the cookie to see if the issue persists. If the browser stored a cookie for a credential which is being used for both accounts, it may show the error message.

Thanks,
    Eric Sun
  • Sorry you misunderstood what i meant.

I am trying to share a OneNote document using SkyDrive, but when i try to share it i am presented with the error message above. I was just saying that the account I am using is a 365 mail account.

• Hi PPI,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Currently, SkyDrive is part of Windows Live, not a product of Office 365. But in the next version of Office 365 (at this time is called preview) gets released, then Office 365 will have the SkyDrive Pro. Therefor it's not available to login SkyDrive via Office 365 account, please use other accounts (@live, hotmail) to login SkyDrive. If the issue persists, please use other browsers to see if it works.

Thanks,
    Eric Sun
  • Thanks for the reply...

If that is the case, why was i able to login to Sky Drive using my 365 account before hand? This error has only recently just started to come up.

• Hi PPI,

Thanks for your update.
    Which Office 365 plan you subscript, P plan, E plan, or Office 365 Preview?
    Where do you enter the Office 365 account?
    I used my test accounts to login SkyDrive (http://skydrive.com/), it’s not possible.
    Did you use other accounts (Live, Hotmail) to see if you can login the SkyDrive?
    In additional, I found a post in the forum with the same error message with you (may be not the same situation), so I suggest you have a look in it to see if there is any helps.
    http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/160/t/62079.aspx

Thanks,
    Eric Sun
  • Hi PPI,

How are things going?
    If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
    It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Eric Sun
  • I am subscribed to "Microsoft Office 365 Plan E1".

I go onto the Sky Drive website, login, click to share a document and get the error. I never used to get an error, but now i do. I can login with other but i would like it on my 365 account.

Any fix, or is it now impossible to access Sky Drive using a 365 account?

• Hi PPI,

Thanks for your update.

Currently, it’s not possible to login SkyDrive (http://skydrive.com/) using Office 365 account.
    If you login SkyDrive using Live or Hotmail account, then click file, share (Send Email) to the Office 365 user, that’s possible.

Based on my experience, Microsoft upgrades the Outlook.com, and provides an idea of the proposed segmentation of the consumer services (Outlook.com) and the business services (Office 365). So currently, customers are restricted use of Office 365 user ID’s to be used with Outlook.com and other consumer services such as SkyDrive.

Thanks,
    Eric Sun
  • Hi PPI,

How are things going?
    If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
    It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Eric Sun