No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Drafts folder for "this computer only"

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

POSTED ON BEHALF OF A CUSTOMER:

Drafts folder on PC indicates "this computer only" and does not sync up with other devices. All other folders sync. Is there a way to change settings to have Drafts folder sync as well?

All Replies
  • I'm the one with this problem. I would like to add that it is with my Hotmail account. The issue appears with two different computers with a clean install of Windows 8 RTM.

• Hi SocialMedia_Stefi,

Before moving on, I want to confirm with you first.
    1. The outlook client version you used, Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010?
    2. Which way you using connect to Exchange Online, auto configuration, manual configuration, POP or IMAP?
    3. What device you want to sync the folders?
    Based on my experience, using auto configuration connects to Exchange Online, in OWA (Outlook Web App) the Draft folder can sync.
    Used IMAP connection, the draft folder will sync, but use POP connection can’t sync the draft folder.
    If you want to set up activesync on mobile phone, you may refer to the link below to configure the settings.
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/dd936215.aspx.
    If I misunderstand the issue, please feel free to post the detailed information about the issue, such as the screen shot or the process of how you sync other folders.

Thanks,
    Eric Sun
  • Hello Eric,

The issue is with Outlook 13. With Outlook 2010, it works well. It works also well with my Windows Phone. I used the auto-setup.

• Hi ArchieCoder,

Thanks for your update. I notice that your email account is a Hotmail mailbox, use Hotmail mailbox connect to Outlook, we use Outlook Hotmail Connector, so I suggest you ask Hotmail for help.
    In additional, Outlook 2013 is preview version now, not the release version, some features may still in development or improvement, you may submit feedback in Outlook 2013 forum.

Thanks,
    Eric Sun
  • Hi,

For your information, the Outlook Hotmail Connector is not used in Outlook 2013. It is built-in.

Sébastien

• Hi SocialMedia_Stefi,

How are you doing? I am just writing to see if there is any progress on this issue. I do not mean to push you. I just want to ensure that you do not encounter any problems during the troubleshooting.

Thanks,
    Eric Sun
  • Will the draft folder remain local on the retail version of outlook 2013 ?

• Hi Etienne,

Currently, the Outlook 2013 is preview version, some features may still in development or improvement.

I would suggest you post a new thread about the detailed information, this is so we could focus on your questions and provide more specific information for you.

Thanks,

Jerry Cen

• Hello Jerry,

I do think that the Eric's problem is the same as me: our drafts folder is local while it should be in the cloud, because Hotmail is in the cloud.

ArchieCoder

• Hi ArchieCoder,

As Jerry mentioned, currently, the Outlook 2013 is preview version, some features may still in development or improvement. You may also want to post your concerns to the Office 2013 preview forum for a better response for Office 2013 issue.

Thanks,
    Allen Qiu

• I have the same problem as ArchieCoder: Unlike the remaining folders, the drafts folder is local and does not sync with Outlook.com or my other devices.

I'm using the retail version of Outlook 2013, which is connected to my Outlook.com account via Exchange ActiveSync.

• Hi Marpo08,  

I would suggest you post a new thread about the detailed information about the issue you encountered and the steps you have done to resolve it, this is so we could focus on your questions and provide more specific solutions for you.

Thanks,

Jerry Cen