Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
I am having a problem adding one of my Office 365 Exchange accounts. This has happened since I changed the User/alias name for this account from info@ to accounts@
I am running an iPhone 4 with iOS 5.1.1 (latest version).
When I add other accounts everything works fine and the server name is automatically obtained. However, with this account (accounts@), the server name is not obtained. I have tried using both m.microsoft.com and the podxxxxx.microsoft.com server names, but it will still not verify.
I can log into this account on the Portal (& OWA) and it all works fine in Outlook 2007.
Thanks for the feedback.
1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.
I had previously 'deleted' a user account called 'accounts@' and then I renamed an existing account called info@ to accounts@
However, the old account doesn't get deleted properly for 30 days and instead is quarantined and made available for Restore. So I restored it, renamed it, then deleted it!!!
Although I could log into the Portal using the accounts@ address, it couldn't be autodiscovered or verified (with either iPhone or Outlook) until the old instance was properly deleted!
Hope this helps someone out there.