No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

User avatar vs Web Outlook, local Outlook and Lync

This question is answered This question is answered

Hi,

i have a little problem with dispalying user avatars. Although  everyone has set a picture, i cant see it nowhere excpet Lync. I cant see even my own avatar in web outlook in right upper corner, but (what is strange) my Lync status is shown corectly in web outlook, local outlook, calendar..

Would u like to help me?

Verified Answer
  • Hi Alexandru,
    From my understanding, you have your picture correctly showed in Lync client, as well as Office 365 profile, however, your picture doesn’t synced with OWA. Am I correct?

In your situation, this problem should be caused your profile picture doesn’t propagate to the OWA. Therefore, I suggest re-upload your profile picture to try trigger the propagation by referring to the following guide:
    http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-enterprises/ff652536.aspx

Please note the restriction of the picture we can use. 

Then, please wait for a few minutes, sign-out and then sign-in to OWA, check if the picture is updated.

For more reference:
    ==============
    Control Sender Photo Settings in Outlook Web App

@ESK, how is thing going? Did Richard’s information helps you or do you need any further assistance?

Best Regards,
    Evan Zhang

All Replies
  • I never really noticed that, I am assuimg that you have been using 365 for some time, as it appears to be a problem for older accounts.  

see this thread for details;

community.office365.com/.../55603.aspx

My OWA is the same, so I have resized my be picture to 96x96 and re-uploaded.  I am waiting for propogation, so will get back to you (probably in an hour of 24 depending) to see if this solves it.

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• I am having a similar issue.

In Lync I have a picture (it's new) and in OWA i have another picture.

The new picture has been uploaded almost 3 months ago.

If I go into my profile I have the correct picture.

It seems that the new picture wasn't updated in OWA. 

• My Picture has now updated (for the first time) after re-uploading it via OWA ealier as well as via My Profile on the Portal page.  Took a little while to update.  Lyn however is still showing an older version.  Let's see what tomorrow brings!

• Alexandru

I think the Profile picture in the communities is not linked to your 365 profile.

• The picture from my OWA is similar to the one from the community, but it's a old one.

It wasn't updated. :(

Later edit: you are wright. The picture from the community is changeable.

My bad.

But still, the one from OWA wasn't synced, yet.

• Hi Alexandru,
    From my understanding, you have your picture correctly showed in Lync client, as well as Office 365 profile, however, your picture doesn’t synced with OWA. Am I correct?

In your situation, this problem should be caused your profile picture doesn’t propagate to the OWA. Therefore, I suggest re-upload your profile picture to try trigger the propagation by referring to the following guide:
    http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-enterprises/ff652536.aspx

Please note the restriction of the picture we can use. 

Then, please wait for a few minutes, sign-out and then sign-in to OWA, check if the picture is updated.

For more reference:
    ==============
    Control Sender Photo Settings in Outlook Web App

@ESK, how is thing going? Did Richard’s information helps you or do you need any further assistance?

Best Regards,
    Evan Zhang

• Hi, thx for your replay, but it doasn't solve our problem. If i put a picture 96x96 less than 30kB following that "help" nothing happens.

In Lync i have corporate picture in very, very old versione, nowhere i can find any help how to refresh it.

In Web Outlook i have gray picture (no picture). The same on my team site.

It seem hopeless.

Kind regards,

Emilia

"

• How often is synchronised OWA picture with softser-my.sharepoint.com/User Photos/Obrazy profilu/i_0_.f_membership_nn@nn.pl_MThumb.jpg?  Is synchronised at all?

• Hi,

I think this thread should helps you:

community.office365.com/.../153463.aspx

Thanks,

• Hi ESK,

Any updates? Do you have any further questions? If so, please feel free to respond.

Best Regards,

Evan Zhang

• Hi Evan,

Nope, the old picture is still there.

Tried to upload in another format, but nothing.

I will leave it like that, because is not such an important thing. I'm glad that it works fine in Lync.

Thanks for your support !

• Hi Alexandru,

Thanks for your update. If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the forum.

Then, with this issue, I suggest you can refer to Liz’s information (the post Jonis replied) to get more in formation.

Best Regards,

Evan Zhang

• Hi, today i was back from my holidays and what a suprise, everywhere is a new picture ;).

Except one place. In my local Outlook is a place where should be a picture, but it isn't.

Every time i run Outlook  i can read that :My Page has a problem to log in" but after click in (how is suggested) nothing change.

And i'm 100% sure that person has set picture corecct.

(Sorry for my english, im not sure its understable ;))

Emilia

• You should have the user edit his My site picture in SharePoint Online. Or edit it at the administration center select Manage User Profiles -> under the heading People select Manage User Profiles -> type in a user name to edit and select Find.

• Where is Manage User Profiles? Can't find.