No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

junk email is not working

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

Hello, as of today 06/14/1996 - 1 pm, the junk is email is not working, my setting is for everything unless add to safe and contact to go to junk, however it does go to inbox...does any one as problem?

Thank you

All Replies
  • I meant 06/14/2012

• Hi Jerome Bt,

Thanks for your feedback about the current situation.

Before moving on, I would like to confirm if the issue happens in Outlook desktop or Outlook Web App(OWA) or both of them.

According to your description, I would suggest you check Service Health and Planned Maintenance from the left navigation under Support in the Admin page to see if there is any in progress maintenance for Exchange Online.

Please also monitor the issue and check if it is temporarily or not.

You could also try to set safe sender in Outlook desktop and see if it helps.

Here is a link about it for your reference:

technet.microsoft.com/.../cc179183.aspx

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• I actually had my own email address in the safe recipient, which make to bypass safe junk mail, am I right?

Jerome

• Hi Jerome,

Thanks for your reply.

Based on your description, could you please clarify the situation more clearly?

1. How and where did you have your own email address in the safe recipient?

2. Have you set up any email or domain as safe sender in OWA?

Safe Senders and Recipients

help.outlook.com/.../ms.exch.ecp.junkemailtrustedsendersanddomains.aspx

Actually, safe senders are domains and people you want to always receive e-mail messages from. Safe recipients are recipients that you don't want to block. Messages received from any e-mail address or domain in your Safe Senders and Recipients list are never sent to your Junk E-Mail folder.

To help troubleshoot the issue you encountered, please provide more detailed information about it for us to further research.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Hi Jerome,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo