No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Office 365 Hybrid implementation

This question is answered This question is answered

hi all,

im new to office 365 implementations and i have more than one domain under one group i have some questions regarding that

1- if he has different domain names and want to keep each domain separate but we need to share the GAL and free busy information is that applicable or not  and how can i do that.

2- if the domains are parent and some child's and i want to implement hybrid Office 365 for the child only can i do that?

3- in the hybrid model do i need dedicated Hybrid Exchange server and what is the configuration of that server.?

4- If i have some mailboxes hosted on the ISP how can i migrate them to the cloud.?

Thanks

Tika

Verified Answer
  • 3- in the hybrid model do i need dedicated Hybrid Exchange server and what is the configuration of that server.?

Hybrid servers: Exchange Server 2010 SP2

for more information, please see:technet.microsoft.com/.../hh852463.aspx

4- If i have some mailboxes hosted on the ISP how can i migrate them to the cloud.?

I think you can use the feature "Connected Accounts".

for more information, please see: help.outlook.com/.../dd181953.aspx

• actually, we do not care if there are multiple domains, just ensure mailboxes are in same forest. there should be no difference to share F/B information in one domain or multiple domians.

All Replies
  • hi Tika,

the same quesiton in this thread, hope it can help you:

social.technet.microsoft.com/.../935f8b69-70a7-4943-8b94-9fccb13e2489

• 3- in the hybrid model do i need dedicated Hybrid Exchange server and what is the configuration of that server.?

Hybrid servers: Exchange Server 2010 SP2

for more information, please see:technet.microsoft.com/.../hh852463.aspx

I think you can use the feature "Connected Accounts".

for more information, please see: help.outlook.com/.../dd181953.aspx

• thanks for the reply but is there any document tell me what shall i do to have more than one domain under one organization or separate domain but they share the same GAL and Free/Busy information .

Thanks

• actually, we do not care if there are multiple domains, just ensure mailboxes are in same forest. there should be no difference to share F/B information in one domain or multiple domians.

• Hi Tika,

Did the answers help you? Let us know if you need further assistance from us.

• yes thank you all.