Outlook doesn't stay connected to server

This question is answered This question is answered

2 profiles using 2 different 365 accounts in Outlook 2010. One seems to stay connected and is synced up. I added a second one for a new account and though it shows "up to date" and "connected", the log in box constantly  pops up and doesn't go away. Then it shows "not connected" and "need password". Entering the pw makes no difference.

I ran the set up, all updates and checked that the right version of Sign In Asst is installed (v7.25). Why would one account work and not the other?  

Verified Answer
  • Evan,

I think so. I was moving domains around and didn't recreate the Outlook account so I'm guessing that was the problem in the one account. My fault!

All Replies
  • Hi Mchv2.0,

Do you mean you have configured two Exchange Online account in One Outlook profile or you have configured two Exchange Online accounts in two Outlook profile?

If you are switching between two Outlook profiles, or you are adding another Exchange Online account to the current profile, then based on my experience, it’s a normal situation that we are promoted to input the credential.
    In terms of this situation, firstly please confirm the email address and password are correct. In addition, please confirm you have selected “Remember my credentials”(Showed as below)

If this issue occurred in one of your Outlook profile, then it could be a client side issue. To troubleshoot this issue, I suggest you create a new Outlook profile, and try to reproduce this issue with the new profile.
    In addition, you can also try to manually configure your Exchange Online account in Outlook client.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them in the forum.

Thanks,
    Evan Zhang

• i misused the term "profile". It's one profile with 2 exchange accounts. I didn't change anything but it seemed okay later in the day. I'll try it again today.
  • Hi Mchv2.0,

Thanks for your information, and I'm looking forward to your update.

Best Regards,

Evan Zhang

• Hi Mchv2.0,

How are things going? Has this issue resolved on your side?

Thanks,

Evan Zhang

• Evan,

I think so. I was moving domains around and didn't recreate the Outlook account so I'm guessing that was the problem in the one account. My fault!