Galaxy nexus activesync error "You don't have permission to access to this server"

This question is answered This question is answered

I recently start getting error "You don't have permission to access to this server" when open my email client on galaxy nexus.  After 10 or 15 mins, i was able to access again then the error pop up again after couple mins.  Then I went and check on the View Mobile Phone Details in detail. It show as follow:

Access state: Access denied

Accces state set by: Too many identical commands

I tried delete the device and set up the account on my phone again to sync, It synced ok for the moment then happens again.

Any idea on how to get this problem solved.

Verified Answer
  • Hello Khuong and ideve,

My name is Katarzyna Puchala and I am a Program Manager in Microsoft's Exchange ActiveSync team. Thank you for your messages.

I have additional information regarding the problems that your device is experiencing. When attempting to sync email from Office 365 servers, Exchange ActiveSync devices that do not comply with implementation standards may issue too many requests in a short period of time and thus put undue load on email servers. This aggressive behavior, which typically drains the device's battery, results in problems with syncing email for the device itself as well as for other clients. When Exchange servers in Office 365 detect such detrimental behavior, they curb the number of requests so that they can continue to efficiently serve email to all clients.

When your device is throttled, you can try manually syncing email to your device. Follow your device’s instructions to set up manual sync. You can also try deleting the account on your phone and setting it up again.  If the device continues to malfunction, bring this problem to the attention of the device manufacturer or consider using a different Exchange ActiveSync client.

Regards,

Katarzyna

0 out of 2 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hello Khuong Nguyen,

There are a couple things you can try to alleviate this issue immediately:
    - Delete/Recreate the Exchange Account using either "m.outlook.com" or the actual server address for your mailbox as outllined in http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/dd936215.aspx
    - Delete/Recreate the ActiveSync Partnership in the Exchange Control Panel
    - Set the ActiveSync Device Polity in the Exchange Control Panel to require a password, then set a password/pattern on your device

This can also occur if you have multiple (i.e. over 10) ActiveSync devices connected to the same Exchange Account over the lifespan of the mailbox. 

Please let me know if you require additional assistance or if one of those scenarios applies to your situation.  Thank you!

All the best,
    Ryan E. Geiger

• Hi Ryant,

I did try all your suggested method, but problem still persist. The first sync always worked but after that the error come up again and the access state always show too many identical sync command. Any other suggestion?

• Hello Khuong Nguyen,

Your post was responded to in a private message.

• Please go to the Your Details section on the right side of the community site.
    • Click Private messages.
    • Click the subject title of the response to read the message.
    • You can reply by using the form in this display.

All the best,
    Ryan E. Geiger

• Hi Ryan,

I did try again Today with Activesync device security set to require password and it work without problem so far, however it limited the phone security setting options to only pin and password.  And Galaxy nexus have a face unlock and pattern security features which are very convience to use.  Are there any possible way to set the Activesync device security to allow these features to work without getting original problem that I posted.  Thanks!

• Ah, it does it again. Ok i had it, i am moving away from office365. My last exchange hosting provider though was small company but their server speed was much faster.  Checking email on office365 with outlook is very slow.

• Hello Khuong Nguyen,

If you would like, please reply to the private message with your information and we can create a service request for you to address this issue.

Thanks,
    Ryan E. Geiger

• I also recently start getting an ActiveSync error on iPhone after sending out mails.

The error "Too many identical sync commands" appears in the admin pages of Office365:

Access state: Access denied

Accces state set by: Too many identical commands

I already removed the account from the iPhone and set up again.

The problem still exists when sending multiple mails.

The server policy does not allow multiple connections from the iPhone (Too many identical sync commands).

How do I set the ActiveSync policy to allow more connections ?

This is a server wide problem/bug.

• Hello Khuong and ideve,

My name is Katarzyna Puchala and I am a Program Manager in Microsoft's Exchange ActiveSync team. Thank you for your messages.

I have additional information regarding the problems that your device is experiencing. When attempting to sync email from Office 365 servers, Exchange ActiveSync devices that do not comply with implementation standards may issue too many requests in a short period of time and thus put undue load on email servers. This aggressive behavior, which typically drains the device's battery, results in problems with syncing email for the device itself as well as for other clients. When Exchange servers in Office 365 detect such detrimental behavior, they curb the number of requests so that they can continue to efficiently serve email to all clients.

When your device is throttled, you can try manually syncing email to your device. Follow your device’s instructions to set up manual sync. You can also try deleting the account on your phone and setting it up again.  If the device continues to malfunction, bring this problem to the attention of the device manufacturer or consider using a different Exchange ActiveSync client.

Regards,

Katarzyna

0 out of 2 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Katarzyna,

Thanks for your info, which gave us a clear understand to the problem instead of trying to figuring out ourself without a result.

Seem like moving away from office365 was the right decision for me since i use email mostly on my device.

1 out of 2 people found this post helpful.