1 hour interval is unacceptable. Will this change in final?

• In this beta exchange environment you have to wait an hour before connected mail accounts will be checked. This is unacceptable.

If someone is sending you a mail you are waiting for, or a website is sending you a confirmation mail, you have to wait an hour before you can follow up! There is no possibility to change this interval, there is no button to trigger, there is no normal way to check faster. Only changing your account settings will help.

Will this change in the final version? If not, I will move on. For me, as a freelancer it is not workable situation.

• Hello there,

According to the following article, "Although your mailbox downloads e-mail from the connected accounts every hour, you can manually trigger a download by clicking Details for the connected account under Options > Account > Connected Accounts and then clicking Save".

I don't see the default frequency changing for the final version, but it's a possibility.

• Will this also work on the desktop / mobile clients ie using send / receive in Outlook?

Otherwise, I think this is a deal-breaker for me as well, which is a shame because a lot of the service is fantastic.

• I have tried to use the save option to trigger the check, but I'm not convinced it works. Anyhow, it is not a practical solution to login webbased, go to the option page and save your account settings to trigger the check. In outlook or on your smartphone is even not an option! So if it will not change in the final version it is a big disadvantage to use this service.

The only option I see is to forward all these other accounts to the 365 exchange account. It is not a nice solution because a reply under the forwarded mailaccount will result in: ....@....onmicrosoft.com on behalf of example@gmail.com. Not a very professional solution.

It's too bad if it will not change.

• Hello MdW,

If you open the details for a connected account and then save it, that will trigger a sync.

That said, I'd like to speak a moment about the connected accounts feature to clarify it.  The connected accounts feature allows you to automatically pull email from your other email accounts.  Because of this, because it effectively opens a client connect to that mailbox to pull mail from it, it needs to be set to a specific update schedule so as to not create more server and bandwidth load than is necessary.  This is how all hosted email services that offer this feature work.  That's one of the reasons why you use connected accounts to pull in email that isn't time critical and doesn't need to stay in sync constantly.

If you want to integrate those accounts so that you're keeping them in sync constantly throughout the day, you'll instead want to setup forwarding or bring those email addresses into Office 365 as aliases for your own email address.  Additionally, you can combine these options.  Establish forwarding for your accounts and also have them setup in the Connected Accounts feature and you can then reply to any forwarded email with the same email address you have connected in the Connected Accounts feature.

Unfortunately, the pull frequency for connected accounts is set to one hour and that can't be changed.

• Hello! We're excited to announce that we have released an update which allows you to control the sync frequency of your connected account by simply clicking the refresh button in OWA. We're also made a couple of other changes we think you're going to like. For more information, please see the following blog post: