No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Spam filter catching client emails

This question is answered This question is answered

I am new to Office 365 and have a P1 license.

I am currently having major issues receiving emails from certain clients - clients whom I never had an issue before when I had my own Exchange server.

I understand even P1 licenses come with FOPE, although I have no access to any controls.

How do I turn the filter level to a lower level? Or turn it off completely? Is there someone I can contact?

I am in Australia

Thanks - Urgent assistance needed.

Verified Answer
  • Hi Andrew,

P1 user can't manage FOPE so the filter level can't be turned off or to a lower level.And there is no On-Call Supoprt for P1 users.But you can add your client into Safe Senders list by referenceing the following steps:
    In OWA, Options>Manage Myself>Block or Allow>Safe Senders and Recipients

Thanks,
    Larry He

All Replies
  • Hi Andrew,

P1 user can't manage FOPE so the filter level can't be turned off or to a lower level.And there is no On-Call Supoprt for P1 users.But you can add your client into Safe Senders list by referenceing the following steps:
    In OWA, Options>Manage Myself>Block or Allow>Safe Senders and Recipients

Thanks,
    Larry He

• Hi Larry

My understanding is that if FOPE has already filtered the email from my client, then adding them to the Safe Sender's list won't make a difference??

• Even more disturbingly, when someone tries to contact me via the contact form on my website I don't receive it when I used to perfectly with my own Exchange server!

What is going on?!?!?!

• Hi Andrew,

For the concern of Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE) and Spam Filtering, there is an article introduced the FOPE and Spam filter.
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/dd251294.aspx

In addition, there are two articles can help us to understand why sometimes we can't send or receive emails.
    Inbound mail flow
    http://community.office365.com/en-us/w/exchange/inbound-mail-flow.aspx
    Outbound mail flow
    http://community.office365.com/en-us/w/exchange/outbound-mail-flow.aspx

Thanks,
    Larry He

• Hi Andrew,

How are things going on?
    If you have any other questions, please feel free to post on this forum.

Thanks,
    Larry He

• I also have the same problem and this really is a big issue even for small businesses. The solution suggested is only valid for enterprise customers and if you aren't then you are in trouble. One would expect that FOPE would learn when you have added a contact or at least sent an outbound e-mail to someone that it's a legit address. I really like O365 but this is kind of counter productive and I rather have a ton of e-mail that Outlook filters than to miss important business e-mails.

Can anyone suggest a solution for this? Or how can I submit a feature request on this?