Hybrid Edition Product Key

This question is answered This question is answered
I currently have an Exchange 2010 SP2 rollup 1 environment deployed.  I have run the hybrid configuration wizard and it ran successfully.  However, nothing seems to be working.  Do I need to change the keys on my Hub\CAS servers to Hybrid Edition Product Keys?
Verified Answer
  • Yes,

I worked with MS support and there were some connectors MS had to delete.  Now I am able to send emails to and from the cloud.  However, I cannot view free\busy information for the on-premises mailboxes from the cloud.  In addition, I cannot move mailboxes to, or from the cloud.

• Hi BryanBLC

For query free/busy information and move the mailbox from O365 to local/ local to O365. You need to setup organization relationship. You can see detail at help.outlook.com/.../ff383252.aspx

Thanks, Neo Zhu

All Replies
  • Hi BryanBLC,

There is no need to change the product keys to the Hybrid Edition Product Keys. The Hybrid Edition Product keys is used When there is no Exchange 2010 on-premises. You said nothing seems to be working. Is there any error message or special issues can be found? I suggest you check the following things in your environment to make issues more clear:

1. Move one on-premises mailbox to the cloud through EMC.

2. Observe the free busy information for both premises to see if they can share free busy with each other.

3. Send test emails from on-premises mailbox to the online mailbox, and reply the email from the cloud based mailbox to see if the mail flow is working properly.

4. Open Outlook Web App(OWA) for the cloud based mailbox with the old OWA address.

If there is anything not working, you can first troubleshoot it with the Hybrid deployment checklist:

Checklist - Exchange 2010 and Office 365 Hybrid Deployment

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Hi BryanBLC,

Is there any updates about the issue?

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Yes,

I worked with MS support and there were some connectors MS had to delete.  Now I am able to send emails to and from the cloud.  However, I cannot view free\busy information for the on-premises mailboxes from the cloud.  In addition, I cannot move mailboxes to, or from the cloud.

• Hi BryanBLC

For query free/busy information and move the mailbox from O365 to local/ local to O365. You need to setup organization relationship. You can see detail at help.outlook.com/.../ff383252.aspx

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Hi BryanBLC,

There is no update in the forum for several days. Has the issue been resolved now? If you need further assistance, please feel free to post back.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu