Lost contacts on my iphone

This question is answered This question is answered
I lost all my personal contacts on my iphone when we "transitioned" to Office 365.  Can anyone tell me how to sync my iphone with my home PC again?
Verified Answer
  • Hi Painterly,

Generally, you can take a look at help.outlook.com/.../dd125429.aspx about how to connect Exchange online mailbox via iPhone.

Please note, for some iOS version , the contact synchronization is not enable by default.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Hi Painterly,

Do you means you lost the contacts of other Excahnge email accounts?  iPhone use active sync to get all the information from Exchagne online mailbox. That means if the contacts is not at Exchange online mailbox, it will not exist in your iPhone Exchange online email contacts.

For the issue you mentioned, you can check again the contact of the old Exchange account on Outlook client . If it exist , you can import it to your iPhone again.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

All Replies
  • Hi Painterly,

Generally, you can take a look at help.outlook.com/.../dd125429.aspx about how to connect Exchange online mailbox via iPhone.

Please note, for some iOS version , the contact synchronization is not enable by default.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Hi Painterly,

How are you doing? I am just writing to see if there is any progress on this issue. I do not mean to push you. I just want to ensure that you do not encounter any problems during the troubleshooting. Thank you.

Neo Zhu

• Still no luck.  I have a Microsoft Exchange account through the office and my PC at home is a regular Outlook email account.  It's the Outlook contacts that I can't back on to my iPhone.  They were always there before the transition to Office 365.

• Hi Painterly,

Do you means you lost the contacts of other Excahnge email accounts?  iPhone use active sync to get all the information from Exchagne online mailbox. That means if the contacts is not at Exchange online mailbox, it will not exist in your iPhone Exchange online email contacts.

For the issue you mentioned, you can check again the contact of the old Exchange account on Outlook client . If it exist , you can import it to your iPhone again.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Hi Painterly,

How are you? I'm writing in just want to ensure that all the information above is useful for you.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• I don't know how to sync your iphone with your home PC. If you have a iTunes backup file, you can recover your data by extracting from iTunes backup file without your iPhone, and you may need an iPhone backup extractor to help!

For more:

www.recovery-tool.com/.../recover-contacts-from-iphone.html