Support for iPad with "Exchange Online Plan 1" at $4 per month?

This question is answered This question is answered

I would like some clarification on support for exchange services on iPads.  Personally, I am on the Office 365 E2 plan and had no trouble at all configuring exchange on it.  I have another user in our company, however, who is licensed for Exchange Plan 1 and I have not been able to configure exchange on it.

The following blog post, dated 3/30/2012 says that tablets are not supported by the kiosk plans.  However, Plan 1 of the Exchange plans (costs $4 per month) is different from the Exchange Kiosk plan or the Office 365 Kiosk plan.  I am beginning to suspect, however, that they failed to mention that Plan 1 of the Exchange Online group of plans is also excluded.

Can anyone confirm please?

Thanks.

Verified Answer
  • Hello Kyle,

As Mada mentioned, access to email, calendars, and contacts from phones capable of receiving email is available at Exchange Online Plan 1 (line 4). As a result, to troubleshoot the issue efficiently, could you please provide some detailed information about the iPad issue, such as the symptom and some screenshots about the error message occur?

You may refer to the following article to connect iPad to the Office 365 account.
    http://help.outlook.com/en-US/140/dd125429.aspx

Best regards,
    Claud

All Replies
  • Here's the blog post I mentioned: community.office365.com/.../availability-of-exchange-activesync-for-mobile-phones-and-1-gb-mailboxes-for-exchange-online-kiosk-users.aspx

• Hi Kyle_LHC,

I think what you mentioned is called K (kiost) plan it's for exchange online only and cost $4/month. The P1 plan is for professional and small business, it costs $6/month.

You can see the different between all plans in this link www.microsoft.com/.../all-plans.aspx

and blogs.technet.com/.../office-365-comparing-p-and-e-plans.aspx

As for setting up email with Ipad, you should be able to set it up doesn't matter what plan you are on. You can refer to these link for VDO on how to configure Microsoft Exhange on Apple Iphone, Ipad, and Ipod   help.outlook.com/.../dd125429.aspx  also you can refer to this link for set up POP and IMAP email help.outlook.com/.../cc188654.aspx

Hope this help.

Best,

Mada

• Mada,

Many thanks for the reply, but I am referring to a plan called Exchange Online Plan 1, which is different from the office 365 Kiosk plan.  Here is a link to where it is described: www.microsoft.com/.../exchange-online.aspx

This plan is not just for kiosk workers. It has 25 gb of strage and allows users to use the desktop version of outlook.

I know that i can configure pop and imap email on an ipad, but I want to deliver the full Exchange esperience, which includes contact and calendar syncing. Since only the kiosk plans are mentioned in the blog post i referenced above, I would think that my exchange plan 1 users wold be able to use activesync on ipads, but I could be wrong.

• Hi Kyle,

Sorry for my misunderstanding. Yes with Exchange online plan 1, you can use activesync on Ipad. If you have problem setting it up, you can post in new thread so there could be someone who can help.

Best,

Mada

• Hello Kyle,

As Mada mentioned, access to email, calendars, and contacts from phones capable of receiving email is available at Exchange Online Plan 1 (line 4). As a result, to troubleshoot the issue efficiently, could you please provide some detailed information about the iPad issue, such as the symptom and some screenshots about the error message occur?

You may refer to the following article to connect iPad to the Office 365 account.
    http://help.outlook.com/en-US/140/dd125429.aspx

Best regards,
    Claud

• Many thanks to you guys for your replies.  I got everything working this morning and can confirm that the Exchange Plan 1 does indeed offer EAS support on iPads.

The problem was a networking issue and once I got the iPad on the correct wifi network, everything went perfectly.  I'm embarrassed that such a simple thing was the source of my problem; I must be in need of some sleep after migrating all of my users to Office 365 two nights ago.  

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Kyle