No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Mac user with multiple devices

This question is answered This question is answered
I have a macintosh user, using outlook 2011 getting the following error occasionally when she tries to send an email. The error is:  internal server error 19907 . I should also note the user has her email on at least 3 different devices.
Verified Answer
  • Hello All,

Just an update. This seems to have been resolved by the very latest update from MS -- 14.2.1 (also called Service Pack 2). So I'm a happy MS and Office365 customer again. Let us know if somehow this didn't fix it for you. In some cases, you may have to rebuild the Identity under the new Service Pack.

And oh, I will add that MS did get back to me earlier last week. And they actually pointed me to the just released Service Pack (14.2.1). The Support guy that called me this time was very knowledgeable, friendly, and even walked me through a couple of scenarios just in case the Service Pack didn't work.

-Joel

All Replies
  • Hi Pmasseus,
    Thanks for your post. Before moving on, I'd like to clarify the following details:
    1), Can your user use OWA properly? Can she use her devices with Exchange Online mailbox properly?
    2), Which Connection is using when configuring Outlook 2011 for Mac with Exchange Online mailbox, POP/IMAP or Exchange?

Based on my experience, this issue should not caused by using multiple devices with Office 365 account, and to troubleshoot  this issue, I suggest you do the following steps:
    1), Update the Outlook 2011 for Mac to the latest version.
    To do this, please refer to Set up your Mac for Office 365.
    2), Try to reconfigure the user's Outlook client by referring to Set Up Outlook for Mac 2011 for Your E-Mail Account.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them in the forum.

Thanks,
    Evan Zhang

• The copy of Outlook 2011 has all the patches. We've already gone throughg re-creating the identity a thousand times and have even swapped out the computer. Topday we took the same computer with the same copy of outlook and setup another user on it and all worked with no issues. connected perfectly. This user had multiple devices and they all remained in sync. We switched back to the user having the issue and same sync issues. We noticed that whenever we try to say look at the server side rules we get an error that outlook could not access your server, eventhough outlook has a status of connected. We then tried to look at permissions on a folder same thing. There seems to be some disconnect between the user account and the server in microsoft's cloud.

• Hi Pmasseus,
    Based on the current situation, I’d like you can narrow down this issue by doing the following:
    1),  Please perform an Outlook anywhere test with the Remote Connectivity Analyzer. And we’d like if you can provide us the report.
    2), I notice that when looking at the server side rules you get an error, do you mean your user encountered any error when using OWA mailbox? If so, could you provide us the screenshot of the error message?

In addition, I’d like to know which connection is configured with the user’s devices, POP/IMAP or ActiveSync? For troubleshooting this issue, I’d like your user can disconnect the sync on the devices, and see if any improvement.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them in the forum.

Thanks,
    Evan Zhang

• Hi Pmasseus,

Any updates on this issue? In addition, do you need any further assistance with this issue?

Thanks,

Evan Zhang

• I've open a ticket with MS support and they've been investigating for the last 5 days. Meanwhile we've swapped the users mac and still have th same issue with we used a different account on the sameMAc and that account did not get the issue.I should also mention if we use a PC with the affected account we have no issues also.  At this point we have a ticket with MS that has been escaled up their support ladder. It's day 5 and counting. GOing to create a new account for the affected user. As anyone who deals in a company will tellyou 5 days of email issues with any user is 5 days too many.

• Hi Pmasseus,
    Thanks for your update and the information.
    Based on current situation, I will send a private message to you to request the SR number. So I can help you follow up the SR. Besides, we will keep monitor the thread, if you need further assistance or something you need us to follow up, please post it in this thread.
    To access the private message:
    1. Please go to the Your details section on the right side of the community site.
    2. Click Private messages.
    3. Click the subject title of the response to read the message.

Moreover, we welcome you post the SR’s solution and updates in forum. The information may be helpful to others. Thanks.

Best regards,
    Evan Zhang

• I am having the same exact problem with just one user in our org (out of 37 mailboxes/users). The problem just crept up 3-4 days ago for this specific user. Tried the same thing you did -- different Mac, fresh profile, same problem. Then another user on those same Macs, are fine. I have an SR ticket open now.

Hope MS can find the issue. I'm suspecting something corrupt within the user's mailbox.

Thanks in advance!

--Joel

• I am also starting to wonder if this could be an issue with the very latest update for Office 2011 for Mac (14.1.4) as this issue just started happening after the user patched up last week. I will add that I created a new profile for this same user on a Win 7 PC running Outlook 2010 and these errors doesn't seem to show up.

I hope this is addressed by MS soon as it just so happens that the user having this issue is the CEO. Also, I started noticing another user that I migrated today from a PC to Mac OS X (Lion 10.7.3, Office 14.1.4, same config, different laptop, different user) had sync errors during the re-sync to the new laptop and is somewhat starting to exhibit the issue as the CEO.

Thanks!

--Joel

• Hi Joel,

Thanks for your information.

As you have opened an SR ticket with this issue, I will send a private message to you to request the SR number, and I'd like to help you follow up the SR.

To access the private message, please refer to my last post.

Meanwhile, we'd appreciate if you can post the SR’s solution and updates in forum.

Best Regards,

Evan Zhang

• Evan,

I have not heard from MS support whatsoever since Monday afternoon after I spoke with them in the morning. I've even added more "Notes" and more screenshots of the problem in the SR.

I'm very disappointed at this point at the lack of follow-up, even if to tell me they're working on it.

-Joel

• Hi Joel, I had ever opend a service ticket and wait also for a long time for the response. It's a normal situation here, for your issue seems to be a little tough.

/Liz

• Hello All,

Just an update. This seems to have been resolved by the very latest update from MS -- 14.2.1 (also called Service Pack 2). So I'm a happy MS and Office365 customer again. Let us know if somehow this didn't fix it for you. In some cases, you may have to rebuild the Identity under the new Service Pack.

And oh, I will add that MS did get back to me earlier last week. And they actually pointed me to the just released Service Pack (14.2.1). The Support guy that called me this time was very knowledgeable, friendly, and even walked me through a couple of scenarios just in case the Service Pack didn't work.

-Joel

• Hi Joel,

Thanks for your update and sharing method, I believe others will benefit from this information.

If you have any other questions when using Office 365 in the further, please feel free to post them in the forum.

Best Regards,

Evan Zhang

• We are experiencing the exact same problem with a Mac and Office365.  We've opened a support ticket 10 days ago, with absolutely no meaningful response.

This computer is running OS X 10.6.8 and we have installed Office 2011. 14.2.1 (SP2) and it did NOT resolve the issue.

Has anyone else found a solution other than just the service pack?

• Having same issue using Outlook 2011 14.2.1 on OS X 10.7.3

Have tried setting up user account on multiple MacBooks with same behavior (error code 19907) - after a recent migration from the older BPOS service.

User can use OWA and Outlook on her PC, so I'm not convinced it's *NOT* a client issue

But...

Other email account on same profile work fine - on all workstations...

So strange.

*NOTE* that the auto discover picks up a different server than other accounts/profiles - a hint back to server-side account issues?

Hello? Anyone? Beuller?