No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Outlook 2007 missing Remember my password

This question is answered This question is answered
I'm setting up a new user to connect to Office 365 Exchange with Outlook 2007 on a Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and the "Remember my password" checkbox is missing from the credentials prompt.  To setup the Exchange account I used the Outlook 2007 wizard and let auto configure setup everything up everything.  The connection works fine except the remember my password option is missing so I keep getting prompted for the password.

Here is a screen shot of the prompt which is missing the option:
http://screencast.com/t/HM55KeDf

Here is a screen shot from another computer where the prompt has the option and is working correctly:
http://screencast.com/t/vOzzzruwT
Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Have you ran the setup and configure your desktop apps in Office 365? This installs the Office 365 single sign on client, which will automatically enter the users credentials after setup.

• I did not run the "Set up and configure your Office desktop apps" - http://screencast.com/t/fBgmlyd8si

Instead I downloaded and manually installed the Microsoft Sign On Assistance which installs the WebClient service.  Is the "Set up and configure your Office desktop apps" doing something else?

• I would suggest running the setup and configure desktop apps through the Office 365 portal. Also, I would check to see if the user has enabled passwords to be remembered.This might give you some help: AutoComplete Does Not Save Username and Password support.microsoft.com/.../306895

• Hi Mordac,

Thanks for your reply on the forum.

Hi QUE,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Running the program in the Office 365 Portal to configure the desktop applications fixed the problem.  Is there details on exactly what this program does someplace?

• Hi QUE,

Thanks for your reply. I am glad that this issue has been resolved by setting up your desktop for Office 365.

If you would like to know the details of what the program does, please refer to the links below:

Set up your desktop for Office 365

onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../ff637594.aspx

Manually update and configure desktops for Office 365

onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../ff637585.aspx

Manually install Office 365 desktop updates

community.office365.com/.../manually-install-office-365-desktop-updates.aspx

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Hi QUE,

Just checking in to see if you have any other question.

If so, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo