Email help

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

I moved my site from Live to 365 yesterday, or I should say I tried to. The system is definifely not set up for non-technical users. Very confusing. Once I got my domain moved after several errors and the loss of my website at least my emails were working. Today I find that none of the @redlineremodeling emails are now working. I get a failed message back, copied below. I tried re-creating the email addresses in 365, but that seems to have failed as well. Any suggestions? My customers are getting these and I need help fast!

Thank you!

#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipNotFound; not found ##

Original message headers:
Received: from BY2PRD0610MB353.namprd06.prod.outlook.com ([169.254.5.101]) by
 BY2PRD0610HT003.namprd06.prod.outlook.com ([10.255.85.38]) with mapi id
 14.16.0143.004; Thu, 12 Apr 2012 15:27:52 +0000
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
To: "chris@redlineremodeling.com" <chris@redlineremodeling.com>
Subject: Test2
Thread-Topic: Test2
Thread-Index: Ac0YwNMdaUDLFs0LQbm2PYv8UnPYnw==
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 15:27:51 +0000
Message-ID: <3C3D065719A42141945012650697CDFA979B0D@BY2PRD0610MB353.namprd06.prod.outlook.com>
Accept-Language: en-US
Content-Language: en-US
X-MS-Has-Attach:
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: <3C3D065719A42141945012650697CDFA979B0D@BY2PRD0610MB353.namprd06.prod.outlook.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Originating-IP: [24.19.40.215]
All Replies
  • Once you move/verify your domain name at Office 365, your OLSB Business email accounts will not receive any more messages.  See --> Keep my OLSB business email accounts?

You have to re-create the addresses on O365, see -->  Adding Users and Email Accounts to Office 365

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Thanks Ken, Already tried that, still getting the failed message...!

• Chrsko,

Can you perform a test and may help figure out what is wrong. Can you send an email message to yourself?

Let us know what happens.

• The chrsko email works, it's chris@redlineremodeling that doesn't...

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: RedlineRemodeling.onmicrosoft.com

chris@redlineremodeling.com

#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipNotFound; not found ##

Original message headers:

Received: from BY2PRD0610MB353.namprd06.prod.outlook.com ([169.254.5.101]) by

BY2PRD0610HT004.namprd06.prod.outlook.com ([10.255.85.39]) with mapi id

14.16.0143.004; Thu, 12 Apr 2012 16:28:30 +0000

Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary

To: "chris@redlineremodeling.com" <chris@redlineremodeling.com>

Subject: test4

Thread-Topic: test4

Thread-Index: Ac0YyUtN/sOeoOSETJ2Dyz5BSZBTfQ==

Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 16:28:29 +0000

Message-ID: <3C3D065719A42141945012650697CDFA979B6F@BY2PRD0610MB353.namprd06.prod.outlook.com>

Accept-Language: en-US

Content-Language: en-US

X-MS-Has-Attach:

X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: <3C3D065719A42141945012650697CDFA979B6F@BY2PRD0610MB353.namprd06.prod.outlook.com>

MIME-Version: 1.0

X-Originating-IP: [24.19.40.215]

• Hi Chrsko,

Thanks for Ken’s suggestions.

I understand that when sending emails, the non-delivery report (NDR) is #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipNotFound; not found #.

To troubleshoot the issue, please clear your autocomplete cache. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287623
    The RESOLVER.ADR is a dead giveaway for these errors. The issue may occur if the user changes the real address of a contact or another organizational user. This can occur due to something like the above (where the admin deletes an address and re-adds them as a contact), or more commonly through a wholesale change of the organization's email addresses (such as a .PST migration from on-premise or hosted to O365). However, the autocomplete caches in the users' mail clients are still pointing to the old X.500 addresses, which need to be cleared out.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Thanks, but everyone is getting an email failure when they try to email me. I am sure I don't need to update everyones Outlook. If you want to see the error just send me an email at customerservice@redlineremodeling.com and you can get your own message... Still not getting any emails other than the one created with my 365 user id...

• Hi Chrsko,

Thanks for your updated information.

I understand that the external contacts send emails to you will receive this error. You didn’t receive any emails other that the one created in your mailbox.

Did you change your email address from @*.onmicrosoft.com to @yourdomain.com?

If not, to troubleshoot the issue, please change your address to @yourdomain.com. You can follow this link to create and edit users.

If the issue persists, to troubleshoot the issue, you can refer the KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2526164.If not, I suggest adding user@yourdomain.com as proxy address to your onmicrosoft account to test the issue. For the detailed information, you can refer the following article:
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/cc498704.aspx

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Hi Chrsko,

I would like to follow up with the question you posted previously. How are things going?

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Not well at all. Still no Email. I have managed to connect to my website. Yesterday I realized I made a mistake at MelbourneIT and had to change the Name Server. As such I believe I am waiting for the 72 hours again?

• Hi Chrsko,

Because of the way updates move through the domain name system (DNS), it can take up to 72 hours before the changes you make at a domain registrar or hosting provider fully propagate through the Internet and you can begin using your domain name with your services.

In addition, the edits that you make at the domain registrar must be exactly correct. If you go back to correct an error, it may take several days for the updated setting to appear on your Office 365 site.

How long will it take? It depends in part on the time to live (TTL) setting you’ve specified for the DNS record that you are replacing or updating. Until the TTL expires, Internet servers that have cached the previous data won’t query the authoritative name server to request the new value.

For the detailed information, you can refer the following website:
    http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses/gg549199.aspx

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• So if I can access and update the website, should I be recieving emails, or are they on a different timeline?

• Hi Chrsko,

If you can access and update the website after changing the DNS records, and make the online ID with the new domain, usually, you will receive the emails with the new domain properly.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Okay, so I finally figured out the problem on my own. This so called support system you guys have is the worst! I get one question answered a day! Great customer care! It's free right now so i can't complain too much, but it better improve when I have to fork over money.

• Hi Chrsko,

Thank you for your additional feedback about the progress of the issue.

I am very glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. I fully understand the inconvenience you might have been experienced during the whole troubleshooting process. Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

From your comments, I understand that you are one of the true Microsoft Users who would like to share the experience and feedback on improving Microsoft products and services. As a certain level Microsoft User, you are able to find more aspects where we can improve to make Microsoft products and services better. Indeed, with all the Microsoft fans’ feedback and the efforts of Microsoft related teams, many great features come out in each new product. We sincerely appreciate your enthusiasm and efforts.

If you have any other question when using Office 365 in the future, please feel free to post it in the forum. In addition, you can also find useful information on the websites below:

For Office 365 Enterprise: http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-enterprises/default.aspx
    For Office 365 Professionals and Small Businesses: http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses

Thanks,
    Monica Tong