Business Contact manager for Outlook 2010

This question is answered This question is answered

Can I use Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 on my PC based Outlook 2010 if I have MS 365. If I can't, can I disable my Outlook on 365.

Verified Answer
  • Hi gford,

Currently, the Business Contact Manager is not available in Office 2010 subscription service for Office 365.

If you have other licenses for Office 2010, you can download the Business Contact Manager here, provide the license number, finish the installation and you are free to use it.

office.microsoft.com/.../download-business-contact-manager-for-outlook-2010-FX102232644.aspx

Since it is not supported for Office 365, I would like to confirm how you want to "disable Outlook on 365". Do you refer to Outlook on 365 as Outlook desktop which has connected to Office 365 account or Outlook Web App(OWA)? Could you please provide more information about your requirement?

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

All Replies
  • Hi gford,

Currently, the Business Contact Manager is not available in Office 2010 subscription service for Office 365.

If you have other licenses for Office 2010, you can download the Business Contact Manager here, provide the license number, finish the installation and you are free to use it.

office.microsoft.com/.../download-business-contact-manager-for-outlook-2010-FX102232644.aspx

Since it is not supported for Office 365, I would like to confirm how you want to "disable Outlook on 365". Do you refer to Outlook on 365 as Outlook desktop which has connected to Office 365 account or Outlook Web App(OWA)? Could you please provide more information about your requirement?

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• You can use BCM with an Outlook profile that is connected to Exchange Online with Office 365. Be aware that the database with BCM is a SQL-database, the best solution for sharing BCM to other users I strongly recommend to install the database on a full SQL Server 2008 installed in a "real server". If you are alone it is best solution to use BCM on a laptop.

Please feel free to contact me if needed, I have experience with BCM since Version 2003.

• gford,

If you are asking will it work, the answer is yes, have O365 in no way prevents you from using a desktop copy of Outlook with BCM installed.

• Hi ove@netintegrate.se, Robert,
    Thanks for your reply on the forum.

Hi gford,
    Just checking in to see if you have any other questions.
    If so, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Hi Ove, Anna and other experienced BCM users. I am experiencing an issue with BCM in Outlook 2010 when working with an Office 365 trial and Exchange online. I wondered if any of you guys could provide a solution for my problem?

See the thread on answers.microsoft.com/.../fb716afe-141d-46af-a924-429269d03973

Many Thanks!

Jos