No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

"Reply to" with Outlook online

This question is answered This question is answered

I am trying to find the option to set the "Reply to" email address to a different email address from the sending email address. For example I am sending an email from me@mydomain.com and a colleague is sending another email from colleague@mydomain.com but we would like all replies to go to info@mydomain.com. In the client version of Outlook we could do this under the message options. How do we do this with Outlook online?

Verified Answer
  • Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply.

I have done some further research and found that what you requirement which could be accomplished in Outlook desktop could not be available in Outlook Web App.

However, if you would like to have this feature in OWA in the future, I would suggest you submitting a feedback at <mymfe.microsoft.com/Microsoft Online Services/Feedback.aspx?formID=210>

If the service is requested frequently, the product team may include it in the future releases.

Your useful ideas and feedback will help us improve our products and service. Your time and efforts are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

All Replies
  • Does not appear that OWA allows for changing the reply to address for a specific message like the full Outlook client does.

• Hi Sean,

Thanks for your reply on the forum.

Hi Joe,

Before moving on, I would like to confirm if your requirement is to send messages from your Office 365 account as info@mydomain.com and you would like the From field to appear in Outlook Web App(OWA) since you have the send as permission for this info@mydomain.com mailbox.

If this is the case, you could try the following steps to have the From field to show in OWA when you try to send messages.

1. Log in Office 365 Portal and click Outlook from the top header.

2. At Outlook Web App, click Options from the right up corner and click See All Options.

3. Under Mail > Options: Manage Myself, click Settings and Mail.

4. At the Mail page, under Message Format, select Always show From.

5. Click Save.

After doing this, when you try to send messages out, you would be able to change the From address.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Anna,

I my Office 365 account is myname@mydomain.com. I would like replies sent to info@mydomain.com.

Joe

• Sean,

I think you are correct but I hope not! If so, Microsoft really needs to think about adding this basic function that appears in most business email clients.

Joe

• Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply.

I have done some further research and found that what you requirement which could be accomplished in Outlook desktop could not be available in Outlook Web App.

However, if you would like to have this feature in OWA in the future, I would suggest you submitting a feedback at <mymfe.microsoft.com/Microsoft Online Services/Feedback.aspx?formID=210>

If the service is requested frequently, the product team may include it in the future releases.

Your useful ideas and feedback will help us improve our products and service. Your time and efforts are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Under Exchange Admin and Mailboxes edit your account. From that screen go to email address and add the email address you want the from/replyto to be. You should be able to check the "Make this the reply address" box and it will become the default for Outlook.com.