No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

About the update interval for external calendar data.

This question is answered This question is answered

I have a question about the update interval for external calendar data.

I just imported Google Calendar data into Offcie365 OWA calendar.
I could see it properly at first.

But when I put new schedule on Google Calender,
it doesn't appears on Office365 OWA immediately.
It seems to take 2 or 3 hours to update/appear.

How can I know this update interval exactly?
Is there any option to make this update interval shorter ?

Verified Answer
  • Hello KenTT,

After some further research, it appears that the default update time is set at the calendar publisher (in this case Google) as they will "push" the update out versus a set time on the Outlook side "pulling" the data. Although there is a GPO (group policy object) that can restrict how often Outlook can receive updates - it is up to the publisher (Google) to control the timing/flow of data outbound.

Thank you,

Mickey Levine
    Office 365 Forum Support

All Replies
  • Hello KenTT,

I'm a bit unclear as to how you are importing the calendar.

Are you importing it into Outlook and then viewing it in Outlook Web Access - or using an import directly into OWA?

If you are first importing into Outlook (on your desktop), note that the data is in your .OST file but may take some time (depending on the network and other factors) to replicate the data to the Exchange Server (which is the view the Web client sees). You can force the upload by pressing F9 or select Send/Receive All.

However, if you are linking directly from OWA, please let me know how you are doing this (step by step) so I can set up a test on your behalf.

Thank you,

Mickey Levine
    Office 365 Forum Support

• Hello KenTT,

After some further research, it appears that the default update time is set at the calendar publisher (in this case Google) as they will "push" the update out versus a set time on the Outlook side "pulling" the data. Although there is a GPO (group policy object) that can restrict how often Outlook can receive updates - it is up to the publisher (Google) to control the timing/flow of data outbound.

Thank you,

Mickey Levine
    Office 365 Forum Support