my old office live email adress?

This question is answered This question is answered

I want to keep my secondary office live email address,it seems to be accessable via live mail.com, but I want to know if the email acount will still remain active once office live closes,if so what do i need to do to keep it?it is a unique email address to match my website.

many thanks

dean

Verified Answer
  • Hi deanmillward,

Thanks for your reply.I would like you can take a look at here www.microsoft.com/.../FAQ-EN-US.html about how get the 6-months Office Pro puls. (Question : How can I claim my free promotional offer )

Thanks, Neo Zhu

All Replies
  • Hi Dean,

Thanks for your post. If you want to keep your email address of OLSB, you need to move all the service from OLSB to Office365.  Here is a Transition Guide , you can check here ask.officelive.com/.../transition.aspx

Thanks

• ive already moved website over...all verified.just want a answer to move my email over?

i do not want to use outlook.

Will i still be able to access my custom olsb email account via live.mail.com after the olsb is closed down??and use the email account as normal>?if so i wont need to change anything hopefully....

• Hi deanmillward,

If you don’t want to use Outlook, you can still save your email for free using Windows Live Mail. However, if you archive your Office Live Small Business email, contacts, and calendars in Windows Live Mail, you will be able to view them, but you will not be able to reply to or forward any of the messages, and you will not be able to add these messages, contacts, or calendars to your Office 365 account.

For more information, you can refer to the following article:
    http://ask.officelive.com/smallbusiness/wiki/articles/step-3-move-all-email-contacts-and-calendars.aspx

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Hi Dean,

How are you? I'm writing in just want to ensure that all the information is useful for you. If you have any question ,please feel free to let us know.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• i do not find the options acceptable and feel like im being forced into paying for outlook, as there really is no adequate alternative!

• there is also no clear info on how to archive my mail via the links provided,its way too vague ! ive added my emails to live mail,and can view mail via using the live mail program(installed version)is that all that's required? Please be more specific in your answer and info.

I want to turn these email accounts into fully working live mail accounts why is that a problem ?

• Hi dean,

After adding your Office Live Small Business email to Windows Live Mail program, we recommend that you create a backup referring to the following article:
    http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=8f758eb1-b8a7-4e66-92fb-7a3b447d3280

Meanwhile, the exclusive promotional offer for OLSB customers provides you with a 6 month free trial subscription of Office Professional Plus. You can install the trial subscription of Office on your computer, and then use Outlook 2010 to move your mailbox data to Office 365.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• ok thanks for the info

• And then when im done moving the  mailbox data to Office 365.  i can cancel the trail and still gain full access to my custom email?correct?

• wheres the download link for the 6 month trail version of office?

thanks

• Hi deanmillward,

Thanks for your reply.I would like you can take a look at here www.microsoft.com/.../FAQ-EN-US.html about how get the 6-months Office Pro puls. (Question : How can I claim my free promotional offer )

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Hi Dean

How are you? I'm writing in just want to ensure that all the information is useful for you. If you have any question ,please feel free to let us know.

Thanks, Neo zhu