No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Exchange Impersonation (New-ManagementRoleAssignment availability)

This question is answered This question is answered

Hi,

We have a very similar issue to post http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/146/p/2265/8045.aspx where we want to setup an account that can be used to impersonate other accounts in Office 365 for small business using Exchange Web Services, in our specific case to update all user's calendars using a service account that doesn't have broader administration rights.

Are there any plans to open up the "missing" cmdlet New-ManagementRoleAssignment?

Alternatively, are there any plans to allow an individual user to manually share their calendar with the service account by giving it "editor" rights? (i.e go to my calendar, click on "Share.. Share this Calendar" and I can only pick Free/busy information, Free/busy information including subject and location, or All information.

Many thanks.

Verified Answer
  • Hi Peter12123,

As there is no update for the KB article: Available PowerShell Cmdlets in Exchange Online      http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/dd575549.aspx , the cmdlet your list is still not available for Office 365 Small Business and Professional  users. On the other side, you could use the available cmdlets listed in the KB article if you are an Office 365 Enterprise User.

You can invite anyone in your shared address book to access your calendar. When you send an invitation to share your calendar, you choose how much information to share. You can share only free/busy information or free/busy information as well as the subject and location of calendar items, or your free/busy information, subject, location, and other calendar details as you wish.

For details, please refer to  Sharing a Calendar

Thanks,

Evan Zhang

All Replies
  • I think our account is on the 'P' plan. Could you please clarify if the New-ManagementRoleAssignment is available in a more advanced pricing plan (e.g. E1). Thanks.

• Hi Peter12123,

As there is no update for the KB article: Available PowerShell Cmdlets in Exchange Online      http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/dd575549.aspx , the cmdlet your list is still not available for Office 365 Small Business and Professional  users. On the other side, you could use the available cmdlets listed in the KB article if you are an Office 365 Enterprise User.

You can invite anyone in your shared address book to access your calendar. When you send an invitation to share your calendar, you choose how much information to share. You can share only free/busy information or free/busy information as well as the subject and location of calendar items, or your free/busy information, subject, location, and other calendar details as you wish.

For details, please refer to  Sharing a Calendar

Thanks,

Evan Zhang

• Hi Evan,

I think there's still an outstanding "to-do" for Microsoft here to detail which cmdlets are available for Small Business and Professional users, which is a subset of the ones listed at help.outlook.com/.../dd575549.aspx. Anyway it answers my question, to the extent that it doesn't look like there are plans to do either of the things we'd need to set up our "calendar editing user".

Many thanks,

Peter

• Hi Pete 12123,

Thanks for your information. Please keep an eyes on our updates. If you need other help, please feel free to post on the forum.

Thaks,

Evan Zhang