Seit mehr als einem Jahr hat niemand auf diese Diskussion geantwortet, daher sind diese Informationen vermutlich nicht mehr aktuell. Wenn Sie Informationen zu diesem Thema suchen, suchen Sie nach einer neueren Diskussion, oder veröffentlichen Sie eine neue Frage.

Disable Global Address List (GAL)

• I am currently testing out a P1-plan.

I need to disable the global address list or remove one of more users from the global address list.

This in order to not reveal various users account. 

I appreciate any answer.

• Hello,

From the Exchange Online Service Description (

"Global Address List

Exchange Online supports the Global Address List, an organization-wide directory of all mail-enabled users, distribution groups, and external contacts.

Administrators can hide users, distribution groups, and contacts from the Global Address List by setting the HideInAddressList attribute for the object in on-premises Active Directory (if using the Directory Synchronization tool) or through Remote PowerShell. See the help topic Hide a User from the Shared Address Book in Office 365 for details."

• Hi Mr Dahl

Is there any option to disable few users emails id on office 365

they are receiving emails on office365

i want to put them back on local onpremises exchange server for a time period?

• Hello masimk,

It all depends on how you migrated the emails to O365 in the first place.

In a hybrid coexistence scenario, you can remote move the mailbox back to your on-premises installation.

In a staged migration scenario, you can remove the TargetAddress attribute from the on-prem mail object so that mail is not forwarded to the cloud address.