Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
Has the method to get a server address on new O365 accounts changed? I am no longer having good results using mailbox.outlook.com on accounts created in the past week. When I connect Outlook automatically, the server address is a <guid>@<domain>. It still has an address like bluprd0412.outlook.com for the proxy, but I am seeing an address of email@example.com for the server. whereas before I would see an address like bluprd0412.mailbox.outlook.com for the server.
In the answer by Vivian Wang, MSFT Support, to the post http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/158/p/80171/310640.aspx#310640, she instructs us in the way I have been configuring accounts for the past year. However, when I follow this scheme now, I get a MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR when using ProfMan to configure the profile, Can I no longer use bluprd0412.mailbox.outlook.com as a server address? Or is there possibly something wrong with the account I am trying to access. The same thing happens on 2 other users on the same account.
Thanks for the feedback.
is your Office 365 tenant has been upgraded to the latest version - ie running Exchange 2013?
you should have receive an email about this upgrade; if you don't know try to connect to Outlook Web Access to check the UI, if this has changed to reflect the new Exchange 2013 OWA UI you have been upgraded
In this case, this is fully normal to have a GUID instead of the server name, this is now how the Exchange mailbox server name is now displaying
Second, Outlook clients no longer connect to a server FQDN as they have done in all previous versions of Exchange. Outlook uses Autodiscover to create a new connection point comprised of mailbox GUID, @ symbol, and the domain portion of the user’s primary SMTP address. This simple change results in a near elimination of the unwelcome message of “Your administrator has made a change to your mailbox. Please restart.” Only Outlook 2007 and higher versions are supported with Exchange 2013.
2 out of 2 people found this post helpful.
Thanks for the quick response. Yeah, these are definitely Exchange 2013 and have the new UI. I have a follow up issue.
I tried to set up a new profile manually using the "connection point". After setting the proxy in the "more settings", I get a prompt for credentials which I fill out. It goes away for a while and then the credentials prompt comes back. This happens over and over. I finally have to click "Cancel" and I get a dialog that says "The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action."
I have tried to do the same thing programmatically using the ProfMan DLL and I get the same repeating prompts behavior when I try to configure the account on a new profile.
I resolved my final problem by performing an autodiscover and seeing how the settings were configured. I determined this particular account/server requires that the "Security:Logon network security" selection be set to "Anonymous Authentication". This resolves the repeated prompt problem. So now, armed with info from the autodiscover response, one can manually configure a new Exchange 2013 account.
1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.
Thanks for your feedback.
If you need further assistance on the issue, please feel free to post back. We’re very glad to help you.