No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Email to SharePoint

This question is answered This question is answered

Is it possible to get the content of a email into a document in SharePoint?

Verified Answer
  • FSWD,

If you want them as you say in a document, there is way I have used, and that is to send them to OneNote from the OutLook Client. Not exactly auitomatic but it works. I have a OneNote notebook set-up for each project, when I read the e-mail at desk, the ones I want to have quick access to I send to OneNote, since the onenote notebook, is shared, it automatically updates the copy on the TeamSite.

I have thought about doing something in the way of automatically having something run to do this, but have not found the time as yet.

All Replies
  • Hello

this feature (Incoming email) is NOT available on SharePoint Online

• Hello,

Currently, the “Incoming Email” feature is not available on SharePoint Online service.
    Therefore, we suggest submitting feedback about this feature by the following link:
    http://g.microsoftonline.com/0BX11EN/135

Thanks for your understanding and support,
    Claud 

• FSWD,

If you want them as you say in a document, there is way I have used, and that is to send them to OneNote from the OutLook Client. Not exactly auitomatic but it works. I have a OneNote notebook set-up for each project, when I read the e-mail at desk, the ones I want to have quick access to I send to OneNote, since the onenote notebook, is shared, it automatically updates the copy on the TeamSite.

I have thought about doing something in the way of automatically having something run to do this, but have not found the time as yet.

• Good idea Robert... thanks.

• For security and performance reason Office 365 won't have incoming email enabled soon, but there are client side technologies such as http://www.cloud2050.com/ to let you enable emails in SharePoint.

• Brian,

Another way to do it it simply have outlook client send to Access client linked to a sharepoint list, total cost about 5 minutes time if you have both clients.