No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

All staff email?

This question is answered This question is answered

Hi everybody,

Is it possible to send an "all staff email" to all my employees without the hassle of having to type in everyones email address over and over again?

eg. billy@mydomain.com, peter@mydomain.com, james@mydomain.com, jane@mydomain.com etc... would become something like "everyone@mydomain.com"?

Cheers

Oh, btw we are all on Macs using Outlook 2011 running (OSX 10.6)

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Yes you can setup a Distribution list and add everyone to this list.  The list will be able to be selected from the Global Address List (GAL).  You will need to ensure that any new users you add will also need to be added to the Distribution List.

• I don't suppose you know how to make a Distribution list do you?

• ok... found it here: help.outlook.com/.../ms.exch.ecp.newdistributiongroup.aspx

• Hi,

We can also create a new distribution group in Remote Powershell with the command:

New-DistributionGroup.

Here is an example: New-DistributionGroup -Name "Sales" -Type "Security"

Likewise, you may create different distribution lists for each departments of your company or for different teams and projects. This will make your work more conveniently.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Hi,

Is there any more assistance needed here?

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• I tried setting up a dynamic distribution group with the command:

New-DynamicDistributionGroup -Name Everyone -IncludedRecipients MailboxUsers

It didn't show up in the list of distribution groups, and my Outlook client wasn't happy when I tried to send to it.

Am I doing something wrong?

-- Michael

• I want to know distribution list . If I not add new user in list they can not send email isn't it?

This one no need to add new user in list or must be add list .

Please let me know .

I'm quite new user.