No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Setting up two website addresses using the same website

This question is answered This question is answered

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to keep my current website and address but also create another website address which would direct to my current website.

For example: Can I use my current website 'www.mydomain.com' and also create a new website address 'www.mydomain123.com' which will be the same website as 'www.mydomain.com'. I hope that makes sense and look forward to your reply. If this can be done could you explain the process of how to do this?

Thanks Johnny

Verified Answer
  • Hello Johnny,

As Mchv2.0 mentioned, you may want to attempt using URL forwarding through your domain registrar. You should be able to find instructions for URL forwarding at the domain registrar.

I will continue to monitor this thread for further posts or questions.

All Replies
  • Hello Jmsbelfast.com,

This is Jason Burnside from Microsoft Office365 SharePoint Support.

Thanks for coming to the communities with your concerns about keeping your current website and using an address redirect.

Please check out the following links regarding keeping your current public-facing website:

Update DNS records to keep your website with your current hosting provider

Move your email to Office 365 and keep your current public-facing website

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• 365 will only accept one domain (for website) so this is something you handle at the domain registrar/host by adding url forwarding. You'd simply have to forward the 2nd domain to the first one.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hello Jmsbelfast.com,

Did you have any further questions?

• Hi Jason Thanks for the reply. I haven't got around to trying it yet by following your links but I will let you know if I get stuck. My website is www.jmsbelfast.com and I am hoping to add another, maybe: www.jmswestport.com

• Hello Johnny,

As Mchv2.0 mentioned, you may want to attempt using URL forwarding through your domain registrar. You should be able to find instructions for URL forwarding at the domain registrar.

• Hello Johnny,

Do you have any further questions?