No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Sharepoint user rights

This question is answered This question is answered
When I add users to Office365 and give them rights to Sharepoint at Office365 admin panel, do I still have to add them to Sharepoint group after this? To members or visitors or owners group and so on? I guess I do?
Verified Answer
  • Hi JKRK,

This is Jonis from Microsoft SharePoint Online Support.

When you create new users in SharePoint Online, you do not have the option to add default SharePoint Online groups.  Once the user account has been created, it is recommended that you add the appropriate permission groups, to streamline the user’s site access and group them with other users requiring the same access.

The following links detail effective permissions strategies and group:

Plan your permissions strategy

About SharePoint groups

If that does not answer your question please let me know as I will continue to monitor this thread for a few days and will reply to any additional posts or questions.

All Replies
  • Hi JKRK,

This is Jonis from Microsoft SharePoint Online Support.

When you create new users in SharePoint Online, you do not have the option to add default SharePoint Online groups.  Once the user account has been created, it is recommended that you add the appropriate permission groups, to streamline the user’s site access and group them with other users requiring the same access.

The following links detail effective permissions strategies and group:

Plan your permissions strategy

About SharePoint groups

If that does not answer your question please let me know as I will continue to monitor this thread for a few days and will reply to any additional posts or questions.

• Hi

This did answer my question perfectly. Thank you!