No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Moving personal domain to Sharepoint

• Hello,

I'm evaluating Office 365 and i have some questions i would like to see answered so i can decide whether i purchase or not purchase my license.

I have created my own domain, added my domain to 365, verified my domain in 365 and instructed the company that hosts my domain to point it to 365. I'm still waiting for this last action to be done.

Meanwhile i can't do nothing in the Team Website. And i want to test the functionality of it.

The reason i am moving my website (www.leilorede.pt) from its actual host  to 365 it's because i found the SharePoint web models good enough to build my site (on this early stage) and the Office Web Apps good enough to create and manage the information i need at this stage.

So my questions are the following ones:

1 - Pointing my domain to 365 will enable the SharePoint web models?

2 - Pointing my domain to 365 will enable the Office Web Apps?

I'm a little stuck trying ti understand how this change will work.

I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

Vitor Ferreira

• Hello,

This is Justin with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.  Thanks for posting your concern.

Verifying your domain with Office 365 will allow you to use this domain as the address to build a website using the SharePoint web editor.  After the final step when the domain for the public site is switched to a custom one, it can take upwards of 24 hours at times for all of the links to update.  If you are still having trouble after this time frame, let us know and include the URL that the edit link is pointing to from the admin page.  For help getting started with the public site, see the link below.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-online-enterprise-help/CL102170804.aspx

Thanks and Regards,

Justin Ronan
    Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support