Sharepoint Storage / New User cost - Small Business Plan P

• Hi

I see that sharepoint storage under this plan is 10gb and 500 mb per new user.  Firstly I am wondering - does it cost to set up a new user - if not how come when we set up a new user we automatically get 500 mb for free? Secondly - is it possible to migrate the site in the future from P Plan to E Plan should I need more data storage space?  

Many thanks.

Regards

Sue

• Hi Sue,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

Yes, you can set up as many users as you would like, but without additional licenses, the users will not have access to anything within the Office 365 subscription. When you purchase additional user licenses, you are then allocated the additional storage space.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to upgrade from a Small Business (P1) to an Enterprise (E) subscription. If you would feel the need to upgrade you would have to create a new subscription, create all the users and then move over all your content from one subscription to the other.

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Hi Tim  Just wondering how do you purchase another licence, what does it cost and what is the purpose of being able to set up a new user if they cant get access to anything unless you purchase another licence for them?  

Cheers

Sue

• Hi Sue,

You have the ability to set up users before you have a license for them. Then after you purchase additional licenses, you will be able to assign a user account a new license. The cost per user license depends on what type of subscription you have. You can go to the Office 365 website to find prices.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support