No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Where is the web.config located?

• Where can I access/modify the web.config for the public facing website?

• Hi,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

Unfortunately, it is not possible for your to access or modify the web.config file for your public-facing site with SharePoint Online.

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• The problem is that I have some server side vbscript that I was using to handle email and I receive an error stating that code blocks are not allowed.  When I looked up the error, it was suggested that there is a setting in the web.config (some tag like AllowServerSideScripts).  What can I do to access those scripts?

Thanks so much

• Hi,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to allow the server side scripts that you are trying to us. If you can find a script to accomplish this using PowerShell, you might be able to use it.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hello Tim,

is this also not possible via a WebConfigModificationHandler in a WSP solution file?

- Christian