Editing web pages in Office 365

This question is answered This question is answered

I've just started to create pages for my website in Office 365 but I am unable to save any changes. Whenever I try, the error message 'Your changes could not be saved, if this problem continues please contact customer support' appears.

Please advise. 

Verified Answer
  • Thanks for all your help. After further investigation it turned out that my problem was caused by settings on my firewall. I have Vipre internet security 2012. By disabling web filter settings, the save changes operation then worked.

All Replies
  • Hi DaveA25,

When you try to edit the sharepoint public website with an image or video you get this error message, I would suggest you to check the website whether to know required changed have been saved. If the error occurs log out and login again and Clear all your browser cookies constantly when editing public facing website. once again try the above steps and save the changes. If still the error occurs re-post it here.

Thanks and Regards,

Surya Begum.

• This can also happen if you've added something toxic like pasting code or formatted text directly to a page. Always  clean text by pasting to notepad first and never paste code into the editor. Also try a different browser and machine if possible to see if it still happens.
  • Hello DaveA25,

This is Jason Burnside from Microsoft Office365 SharePoint Support.

Thanks for coming to the communities with your concerns about saving changes to your public-facing website.

Surya and Mch have valid suggestions; did you find their information helpful?

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

• Thanks for all your help. After further investigation it turned out that my problem was caused by settings on my firewall. I have Vipre internet security 2012. By disabling web filter settings, the save changes operation then worked.