No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Access Denied Team Site

This question is answered This question is answered
When I try to access my Team Site or edit my web site I get an Access Denied message.I suspect that this is because I have deleted the original user that I set the site up with.

Can someone advise me please

Verified Answer
  • Hi Sandro,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

You are correct, if you deleted the original user account before you set up permissions for another user account you will get this error message. I have sent you a private message with the information that you will need to resolve this issue. I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

All Replies
  • Hi Sandro,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

You are correct, if you deleted the original user account before you set up permissions for another user account you will get this error message. I have sent you a private message with the information that you will need to resolve this issue. I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

• Tim,

I am having the same problem.  It seems to be a common problem.  Why don't you post a public solution so people like me don't have to specifically ask you for help? Please post the solution. (Or send me a private message if you must. ) I have used other collabrative sites and so far Office 365 is very difficult to use.

Thank you,

Chris

• Hi Chris,

I have sent you a private message with the information that you need to resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

• I need to resolve this issue as well.  Although I don't think I ever deleted the original account.

• Hi Grahamn,

I have sent you a private message with the information that you will need to resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

• Hi there - I have this issue as well, can I get the information to resolve it?

• Hi Hani,

I have sent you a private message with the information that you will need to resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

• And I have the same issue...

Your help is appreciated.

• Hi,

Please check your private messages. I have sent you the information to resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

• Hi! Tim,

Thank you for your quick reply. I already opened a service request. The number is 1175307446 and 1175289820. I have not been contacted yet. Can you please look into it.

Thank you very much for your help.

• Hi Hesen,

I have looked at the cases and Nick has made attempts to contact you regarding this issue. It looks like he is going to make another attempt to contact you today, April 20th.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

• Hello Tim,

I have also deleted the original User that i use to create the Plan.

Could you send me also the solution for this? I can not change the team site nor open it. Access is always denied. Thanks in advance for the help.

• Hi Rizki,

I have sent you the information via a private message.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Same issue here. Please hekp.

• Hi CABRISY,

I have sent you the information via a private message.

Thanks,

Tim Muth