How to link SharePoint calendar to Outlook for Mac 2011

This question is not answered This question is not answered

How to link SharePoint calendar to Outlook for Mac 2011?

Connect to Outlook button is greyed and it says, that there is problem with user rights or some control objects are missing.

All Replies
  • Outlook for Mac 2011 does not allow connections to SharePoint. Other office applications like Word, Excel and PowerPoint do allow connections.

This might help provide more guidance.

• Hi KalervoM,

This is Jonis from Microsoft Online SharePoint Support.

I agree with the Carsten Winsnes post.  It is not currently possible to sync SharePoint Online calendars, tasks, or contacts with Outlook on Office for MAC 2011.  I would suspect that syncing with SharePoint Online will be available at some future point, but that is not definitive.  If this is a feature that you would like to see in a future release of Office for MAC 201X, voice your opinion on the Microsoft Office MAC feedback form here.

If that does not solve your question please let me know as I will continue to monitor this thread for any additional posts or questions.

• Is there any work around for this?

I use Outlook for Mac 2011 and SharePoint 2010 and I need to be able to sync them... is there any other way of doing this?

Like could I export the SP calendar to excel and manually add the excel calendar to Outlook 2011? Or anything else??