No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Disable the blog option from my site

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

I have a customer that has over 4000 O365 users. The customer would like to disable the blog (create permissions) from my site and only allow a set of users (like the marketing dept. of the company) to create a corporate-wide blog - controlled by the company. How can we set this?

All Replies
  • Hi Gerard,

I’d like to confirm with you that you want to set a set of users could not use blog template when creating a new site. Is that correct?

Currently, there is no permission setting to achieve this goal directly. However, there is a work around that can meet your requirement.

You can set what templates could be used when users create a site. To set this, please perform the following steps:

1. Login to the team site with admin account.

2. Click “Site Settings” under “Site Actions

3. Click “Page layouts and site templates” under “Look and Feel” Panel.

4. In this page you can customize the templates that can be used when creating a site. You can set the blog template as not allowing.

However, when the admin want to create a new site using this blog template, he could set this as previous temporarily.

Thanks,

Kevin Cui

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Gerard,

How are the things going?Has this issue been resolved?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Kevin Cui