No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Help! My Domain has vanished!

This question is answered This question is answered

My public facing domain www.osteopatic-health.org has vanished from the internet. I did a Whois and it is still registered to me until the middle of next year and when I log into Office365 it shows as registered and public facing but I cannot administer it and when I try to go to it in a web browser I get a 'server not found' message.

Can anyone help please.

Jessica

Verified Answer
  • Hello Jessica,

Thanks for the information Richard provided first.
    Do you mean that the website (here is www.osteopatic-health.org) cannot be accessed?

If so, Office 365 just provides services, such as website service. Based on the current situation, the issue should be caused by the custom domain.
    As a result, as Richard said, please contact the domain registrar (where you registered the custom domain) to report the issue and get assistance.

Thanks,
    Claud

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Who is your registrar.  One of the reasons why it might of disappeared is that the domain name expired and required renewal.  Not the 365 is NOT the registrar, only the host of your services.  You will need to contact the registrar to check if the domain has expired.

• Hello Jessica,

Thanks for the information Richard provided first.
    Do you mean that the website (here is www.osteopatic-health.org) cannot be accessed?

If so, Office 365 just provides services, such as website service. Based on the current situation, the issue should be caused by the custom domain.
    As a result, as Richard said, please contact the domain registrar (where you registered the custom domain) to report the issue and get assistance.

Thanks,
    Claud

• Hello Jessica,

How are the things going?
    In addition, do you need further assistance on the issue?

Best regards,
    Claud

• Thank you Richard and Claud for your quick responses. I have contacted the registrar (Melbourne IT) but they have not got back to me yet. Maybe they don't work on the weekend?

I posted my problem here because I expected to still be able to get to my website in "developer mode" even if the domain is not visible to the world. Apparently that is not the case?

Regards,

Jessica

• Hi Jessica,

I checked your custom domain and it showed the domain is not existed.  So I suggest you can wait the support from Melbourne IT.

Also, could you provide more information about ‘developer mode’? Do you mean you prefer to use tools like SharePoint Designer to edit the public website? If not, could  capture a screen shot and post to this thread.

Thanks,

Ray Yang

• Hello Jessica,

I'm writing to follow up my previous reply. 
    If you need further assistance on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Best regards,
    Claud