No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

ContentTypeHub not accessible by Global Admin error Access Denied

This question is answered This question is answered

Hi,

I have set up intranet for our organization.I want to use content types from my Team Site but as I type my URL

https://<sitename>/sites/contentTypeHub .It is giving me Access Denied error.I am logging in as Global Administrator still I wonder I get this error.When we tried thi on our POC server it worked but now it is giving me error.

I googled this problem and found this http://www.dotnetmafia.com/blogs/dotnettipoftheday/archive/2012/02/20/a-look-at-content-type-hubs-in-sharepoint-online-office-365.aspx .though my problem is addressed in here but after following the steps error still exists.

Could you please guide on this.Thanks

--Arvind 

Verified Answer
  • Hi patilarvind15,

This is Jonis from Microsoft Online SharePoint Support.

Subscribed content types are read-only on the subscribing sites.  To make changes to a published content type, select the URL of the hub site and go to the Site Collection Type Gallery.

With an Access Denied error message, it is important to verify that your Global Administrator account is also a Site Collection Administrator.  One way to verify site collection permissions is to have a site collection administrator login and attempt to connect to the Content Type Hub. 

When you create a Global Administrator account in SharePoint Online, it is not automatically added as Site Collection Administrator.

With Site Collection Administrator permissions, you will be able to access the Site Settings -> Site Collection Administration -> Content type publishing features and work with the hubs. 

The following link will help you verify or add your account as a Site Collection Administrator.

Add Site Collection Administrator Permissions

The following articles cover the topics discussed in this post in more detail.

Manage content type publishing

Set permissions for publishing

View error logs for content type publishing

If that does not solve the issue of not being able to edit the website and pages, let me know as I will continue to monitor this thread for any additional posts or questions.

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hi patilarvind15,

Subscribed content types are read-only on the subscribing sites.  To make changes to a published content type, select the URL of the hub site and go to the Site Collection Type Gallery.

With an Access Denied error message, it is important to verify that your Global Administrator account is also a Site Collection Administrator.  One way to verify site collection permissions is to have a site collection administrator login and attempt to connect to the Content Type Hub. 

When you create a Global Administrator account in SharePoint Online, it is not automatically added as Site Collection Administrator.

With Site Collection Administrator permissions, you will be able to access the Site Settings -> Site Collection Administration -> Content type publishing features and work with the hubs. 

The following link will help you verify or add your account as a Site Collection Administrator.

Add Site Collection Administrator Permissions

The following articles cover the topics discussed in this post in more detail.

Manage content type publishing

Set permissions for publishing

View error logs for content type publishing

If that does not solve the issue of not being able to edit the website and pages, let me know as I will continue to monitor this thread for any additional posts or questions.

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Jonis,

Thanks for getting back.We tried the way you explained in the answer but still it did not work.We are still struggling with contentTypeHub access denied error.Please advise me on this

Thanks

Arvind

• Hi patilarvind15,

It is important to verify that your Global Administrator account is also a Site Collection Administrator.   I need you to confirm this, as that provides the solution to the Access Denied error message.

Please report your results as I will continue to monitor this thread for any additional posts or questions.