Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
I would like to delete/rename a list item (Contacts) I have created, how do I do it?
Thanks for the feedback.
This is Jason Burnside from Microsoft Office365 SharePoint Support.
Thanks for coming to the communities with your concerns changing the name or deleting a list.
To change the name of a list or to delete the list, please follow these instructions:
1) Click on the Site Actions dropdown
2) Click Site Settings
3) Under Look and Feel, click Quick Launch
4) Click the Edit icon next to the list that you would like to change the name for or delete
5) If you change the text in the “Type the description:” text box , it will change the name or click the Delete button to delete the list
I will continue to monitor this thread for further posts or any additional questions.
1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.
Did you have any further questions?
I will continue to monitor this thread for further posts or questions.
The above procedure only removes the list from the Quick Launch Menu. I'm looking for the method of deleting a list completely from my Sharepoint site?
I've worked it out:
1) Select the required list
2) From 'List Tools', select 'List'
3) Click the List Settings button
4) Under Permissions and Management, select 'Delete this list'