No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Public Website Member Access

This question is answered This question is answered

I have a public facing website which seems to be a portal to everything else too.

I believe the website is accessible to everyone including "Non-members" as it should be the the member login allows access to my sharepoint work.. how do I change that?

A simple click on member login allows everyone in to our company sharepoint. PLEASE HELP.

Edited post extension>>

I just tried accessing from chrome but was required to provide credentials.

IE 9 allows anyone in without credentials.

Verified Answer
  • Hi tbaugh,
    I believe that the issue that you are experiencing is that the browser that you are accessing your public facing site is simply caching your credentials and when you log into the public facing site and select the Member Log In, it will take you to the internal site. 
    Try completely logging out of your site and clear the browser cache, now navigate to your website and click the Member log in it should prompt for credentials.
  • Hi tbaugh,
     Was I able to clear this up for you?
All Replies
  • Hi tbaugh,
    I believe that the issue that you are experiencing is that the browser that you are accessing your public facing site is simply caching your credentials and when you log into the public facing site and select the Member Log In, it will take you to the internal site. 
    Try completely logging out of your site and clear the browser cache, now navigate to your website and click the Member log in it should prompt for credentials.
  • Hi tbaugh,
     Was I able to clear this up for you?