No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

File Upload

This question is not answered This question is not answered

What does this image mean when uploading files in SharePoint?

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hi Emily,

From the error that I am seeing, it is seeming like the .NET Framework that is installed on your machine is causing the problem. Have you tried to upload documents from another computer to see if you get the same error? I would suggest that you run the Windows update on that computer to make sure that everything is up to date and then try to upload the files again.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Hi Emily,

Have you been able to run the Windows update on that computer to see if it resolves your issue?

• I have exactly the same problem - have rebuilt the Windows XP Pro laptop from scratch, fully patched and updated, SP3, .Net Framework updated, the lot. This is really impacting the usability of this solution - is there a fix yet anyone?

• Does it happen on every file or just specific file types?
  • I don't get the chance to check - as soon as I click "Upload multiple files " I get the message as per Emily's initial post. I am able to upload individual files and drag and drop via Windows Explorer...

• Emily didn't mention uploading multiple files. Certain files will fail (eg .mht) What browser are you using? This may require active x and IE..............

Ah I see it does and isn't even an option in Firefox.

• Hi there, thanks - you are spot on, she didn't - however the symptoms appear identical -

"..unhandled exception...If you click Continue...Could not load file or assembly...Microsoft mshtml..."

User then is faced with a blank white box, as per in the background of the image Emily submitted, and is unable to browse to or add files...

• I don't know if this is related but I've seen other problems with 64bit browsers which I think you mentioned. Can you try in 32 bit mode?
  • It happens in 32 bit mode... at least it's consistent :-)

• has there been a solution to this. I am having the same problem

• Hi tja - I haven't found a solution nor have I seen another post about this. :-(

• what do you need to have this looked into

• I am running windows xp pro

• Same here - a complete fresh build of XP Pro, fully patched, MS Security Essentials and then joined to Office 365 and downloaded and installed Office 2010 Pro Plus - nothing else. Tried to upload files and this was the result - have not been able to resolve it, have checked groups and forums, but nothing.

I am really not impressed by the Microsoft support on this issue as it is non-existent to date :-(

• Hi All,

Have you noticed this issue when you are attempting to upload single and multiple files? I have been trying to replicate this issue, but I am not able to. What version of Internet Explorer are you using so that I can replicate the issue on my side?

Thanks.

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support