No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Sharepoint not responding

This question is not answered This question is not answered
I am working with Office365 (trial version) creating a web site and I constantly get the response "sharepoint is not responding". Why is this?
All Replies
  • Hi Jim,

Where exactly are you getting the message what SharePoint is not responding? Are you using the in browser website editor, or are you using another program to edit the public-facing site?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Hi Jim,

I am going to need to know where you are exactly seeing the message that SharePoint is not responding to troubleshoot your issue. I would appreciate it if you could add a screen shot of the message so that I can see it.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

• I am having the same issue, although it occurs from multiple browsers on different computers when I simply try to navigate to my public facing website URL. I also experience it when editing with the browser editor and I want to preview the page. My site is live, my domain is successfully migrated and I am very concerned. Never experienced this issue with OLSB public website. Please help, this is highly detrimental to my business. The exact message any number of computers and browsers display when I experience the problem is “(my domain URL). com is not responding" and the browser offers to "recover page".
  • Hi,

Can you please provide me with the URL to your website so that I can take a look at it and see if I am able to replicate the issue?

Thanks,

Tim Muth

• www.brianhobbsroofing.com

• This issue was an HTML gadget I had inserted on each page for a weather widget. Once I removed the code, everything seemed to run as usual. Would like to be able to use that HTML gadget without having glitches like this. Pretty certain it wasn't the widget code, but I could be mistaken.

• Hi,

Would it be possible for you to post the code so that I can look at it and see if I am able to find out why it will not work for you?

Thanks,

Tim Muth