No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Website Records where are they?

This question is answered This question is answered

Where on the 365 final version (paid for) are the records of use etc?? As you will appreciate the beauty of the old system was having records & graphs of use; a fairly vital facility I would have thought, so where are they please?

Thanks

Ken

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

Verified Answer
  • You can a very crude version of reports by going here.

yourdomain.sharepoint.com/.../usage.aspx

From there you will find links to another page where you can get far more detail.

It will give you things like top pages, top referrers, top browsers, top visitors, number of page views, number of unique visitors, and number of referrers.

It does not have all the pretty charts and what not that OLSB had, but I am sure if one looks at the source, one should be able to correct that on their own.

All Replies
  • Can you please describe in more details what do you mean with 'website records'? I'm not sure what 'graphs of use' do you refer to, is that the DNS manager?

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Using the old MS Office Live for years the websites all had a section headed Records on website home page. Open this and you had a month by month record usually over the last 12 months of - Site Use, Page Use, Referral sources, Keywords, Visitors. These includede a graph 7 list of each months use.VERY useful you must agree!

Ken

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Ken,

If I'm understanding this correctly, you're looking for something akin to a Site Usage report; some kind of page or extractable that you can look at for page hits, clickthroughs, et al, correct?

Also, are you looking for these features within a private Site Collection or a public-facing site?  In order for me to really drill into this, I'd also need to know if you're looking for this within a Small Business or Enterprise offering.

Thanks!

• The question obviously refers to the OLSB reports, that don't exist in 365. A viable alternative is to insert Google Analytics in an html module.
  • Hi Eric

I'm using 365Small Business final version, and the website is public-facing site.

As I have said on the 'old' MSOffive Live websites there were reports which were very handy.Showing visits, page use, refeering sources etc list & graphs.

Hope this helps.

Ken

• Hi Ken,

As you've undoubtedly noticed, Office 365 is a very different animal from Office Live.  With regard to easy-to-view reports, with the Small Business Plan, I was not able to locate any entries within my own environment that would allow me to get a high-level view of my sites usage for any given timeframe.

In my Enterprise-level plan, there is a section for Audit Log reports that can be pulled, which will allow you to see a finite amount of data.  For instance, in a 'Custom Report', you'll be able to look for the following:

Opening or downloading documents, viewing items in lists, or viewing item properties

Editing items

Checking out or checking in items

Moving or copying items to another location in the site

Deleting or restoring items

Editing content types and columns

Searching site content

Editing users and permissions

Editing auditing settings and deleting audit log events

Workflow events

Custom events

There isn't really an option present (at this time) to view how many times the site has been hit, though.  Since the Reports export to Excel, the data is easily able to be manipulated to be displayed in a more graphical sense (charts and graphs), but this would need to be done manually.

• Did you have any other questions regarding this issue Ken?

• Is there any plans to correct this oversight?

My experience so far with the final 365 version is that the Websites seems to be the 'poor relation'; and not as good, user friendly or has the facilities as the 'old' MSOffive Live websites. Is this intentional?

Out of over 80 friends who I help with their websites ONLY 1 has any interest in all the hi-tech stuff, and they will need to pay £4.44 for the new system to-boot. Are there plans to resolve this?

Thanks

ken

• You can a very crude version of reports by going here.

yourdomain.sharepoint.com/.../usage.aspx

From there you will find links to another page where you can get far more detail.

It will give you things like top pages, top referrers, top browsers, top visitors, number of page views, number of unique visitors, and number of referrers.

It does not have all the pretty charts and what not that OLSB had, but I am sure if one looks at the source, one should be able to correct that on their own.

• Hi Ken,

At the moment, I'm not aware of any changes, since the product was just released into General Availability.  That's not to say that the features you're looking for won't be there - they just aren't there at this time.

As Robert has suggested, you can look within the usage.aspx page itself and find useful information, but there are no charts or graphs to represent this data.  The could, however, be pulled down into Excel and given a graphical representation.

• Michael Reprogal

of MIcrosoft Office 365 SharePoint Support has also been in touch, and i have supplied the reguested letter to him outlining the facilities I feel need adding OR correcting.

Hope this helps

Ken

• Hi Ken,

Thanks for the update!

• Did you have any further questions regarding this issue Ken?

• Hi

Will we be updated with any progress?

ONE other issue has just imerged today.

A NEW client decided NOT to continue ans sign up to Trial 365,  as we found that this was 30 days only, BEFORE they have to start paying the £4.80/mth! Unlike MSOL! As developing a website to readiness for publication takes on average a week a page the way I work; so depending on the number of pages they need to pay the £4.80 BEFORE it is finished and they are happy with their site.

The more I talk to clients the more the 3 tier approach (see my letter) is the answer; AND CAN save you a lot of money, reinventing the website design which was robust & very easy as IT WAS!

I would like to supply you a modified letter but cannot find how to ATTACH IT ON THis NEW System!

Hope can help

Thank you

Ken

• Hi Ken,

As far as being updated on product changes, I would recommend following the communities and the Office 365 Blog in order to find out about upcoming features.