No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Domain Verification

This question is answered This question is answered
I installed Office 365 for small business on Saturday. Since then all my email has been missing!!!! My host is not listed in the drop down box so I need to do verification manually. However, I cannot locate the information required to place in the TXT record. WHAT INFO IS REQUIRED in the TXT record?????? This is urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Verified Answer
  • Hi SKIN,

Thanks for updating the information.

Please refer to the detailed steps to verify your domain:

1.Login Office 365.

2.Click Admin on the top

3.Click Domains under Management section in the left pane

4.Select the domain you want to verify and click 'Click to verify domain'

5.Select General instructions from select drop down list:

6.Find the information to type in TXT record, please refer to the picture  below:

Alias or Host Name:   @

Destination or Points to Address:  Destination or Points to Address

TTL:  1Hour

7.Please copy the information of Alias or Host Name , Destination or Points to Address and TTL  and add them in your domain register page.

Thanks,
    Linda Wang

All Replies
  • Hi SKIN,

Thanks for your post here.

Based on the information you post, I understand that you want verify domain in office 365 for small business. Please refer to the links below to verify domain:

Add your domain to Office 365 onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../ff637561.aspx  

Verify a domain at a domain name registrar onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../gg584174.aspx

Change name server records at a domain registrar onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../gg549203.aspx

Thanks ,
    Linda Wang

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Thank you Linda!  However I have gone over ALL those pages, in fact I spent over 8 hours reading re-reading and following every thread I could find.  Nothing told me what CONTENT to place in the TXT record!!!!!!!!!!!  I still don't have my email for 5 days.  

Any other suggestions????  PLEASE!   Microsoft is being irresponsible by not providing adequate information!  Take the money and run.......................

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• OK I found the CONTENT  -  it's simply the @ sign.   Next is an address that's to be placed in a pointer field.  My host has a field for Pointers:  Home Directory, Subdirectory, URL and Parked.  what information is required here?  The instructions refer to a Table.  What table??????????  And in which  pointer field should this go?

• Hello, Hello, is any body there??????

• Hi SKIN,

Thanks for updating the information.

Please refer to the detailed steps to verify your domain:

1.Login Office 365.

2.Click Admin on the top

3.Click Domains under Management section in the left pane

4.Select the domain you want to verify and click 'Click to verify domain'

5.Select General instructions from select drop down list:

6.Find the information to type in TXT record, please refer to the picture  below:

Alias or Host Name:   @

Destination or Points to Address:  Destination or Points to Address

TTL:  1Hour

7.Please copy the information of Alias or Host Name , Destination or Points to Address and TTL  and add them in your domain register page.

Thanks,
    Linda Wang

• Hi SKIN,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Linda Wang