Outlook 2010 autodiscover not working

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

Over the past three or so weeks, I've had numerous issues with Outlook and the Office 365 email accounts on my computer on my network. I have Windows XP.

I currently have four email accounts on my Outlook profile through the same Office 365 domain account. My Outlook was configured with these accounts in December 2011, but a couple of weeks ago (May 9th), it started to say "disconnected" on one of the email accounts. Then when my IT guy tried to fix it, it disconnected the rest of the email accounts. He told me that Mircosoft had switched that one email's addresses server and Outlook did not detect it. He had to manually input the new server information. Although my accounts were set up using autodiscover.

This continued with the other accounts disconnecting for the next three or so days. He made a spoofproxy, which allowed the other accounts to work again. There is another computer in the office which shares the accounts and has no issues. Plus one other with one of the accounts and has no issues.

So over the past two weeks, I've had pop-ups for all of the accounts every 30-60 minutes that asks if the password changed. It shows up on the task bar on the Outlook icon. I tried putting in the passwords for OWA, but and selecting to save the passwords, but it doesn't prevent it from popping up again.

I've also found that I cannot do automatic replies for any of the accounts on my Outlook. It says “Your automatic reply settings cannot be displayed because the server is currently unavailable. Try again later.”

I tried to create a new profile in Mail, and just add my one main email account. It won't auto-discover the account and wants me to manually add it. This brings me back to an issue I had to another a few months ago when I tried to add a 5th email account and it wouldn't auto-discover, so I just added it to another computer, without incident. I never added it to mine.

I've told my IT guy my issues, but I don't know if he has a solution for this. Does anyone else??

Update: As of 5/29, Outlook is receiving emails while connected and updating automatically, so I removed that part from my original post.

All Replies
  • Hi kjsofla,

From your descriptions, I understand that you met some problems, such as Autodiscover and send/receive issue.

To troubleshoot the "Outlook Autodiscover" issues, I recommend you the steps below.
    1. Switch to another network environment to see if the problem persists to narrow down the root cause of the issue.
    2. Confirm that if all users in the same Office 35 tenant have the same problem.
    3. Use Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer to test Outlook Autodiscover for Office 365, please capture a screenshot for the test result for further investigation. Please click the link below to utilize Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer.
    https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/
    There is a screenshot for your reference.

In order to help you more effectively, I sincerely suggest split these issues into separate new threads in the forum. After that, our support engineer will follow up and help you fix these issues in the new threads in the forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks,
    Larry He

• Hi kjsofla,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,

Larry He

• Mine passes the test but outlook 2010 still wont autodiscover!

• When I returned to work on Tuesday, my Outlook was receiving emails and updating properly. I updated my original post so that it only reflects my current issue of autodiscover not working.

I did the Remote Connectivity Analyzer. I removed the IP addresses. Here are my results:

Connectivity Test Successful

ExRCA is attempting to test Autodiscover for intern@joneslowry.com.

Autodiscover was tested successfully.

Test Steps

Attempting each method of contacting the Autodiscover service.

The Autodiscover service was tested successfully.

Test Steps

Attempting to test potential Autodiscover URL joneslowry.com/.../AutoDiscover.xml

Testing of this potential Autodiscover URL failed.

Test Steps

Attempting to resolve the host name joneslowry.com in DNS.

The host name resolved successfully.

Additional Details

IP addresses returned: xx.xx.xxx.xxx

Testing TCP port 443 on host joneslowry.com to ensure it's listening and open.

The specified port is either blocked, not listening, or not producing the expected response.

Additional Details

A network error occurred while communicating with the remote host

Attempting to test potential Autodiscover URL autodiscover.joneslowry.com/.../AutoDiscover.xml

Testing of this potential Autodiscover URL failed.

Test Steps

Attempting to resolve the host name autodiscover.joneslowry.com in DNS.

Additional Details

IP addresses returned: xxx.xx.xxx.xxx

Testing TCP port 443 on host autodiscover.joneslowry.com to ensure it's listening and open.

The specified port is either blocked, not listening, or not producing the expected response.

Additional Details

A network error occurred while communicating with the remote host.

Attempting to contact the Autodiscover service using the HTTP redirect method.

The Autodiscover service was successfully contacted using the HTTP redirect method.

Test Steps

Attempting to resolve the host name autodiscover.joneslowry.com in DNS.

Additional Details

IP addresses returned: xxx.xx.xxx.xxx

Testing TCP port 80 on host autodiscover.joneslowry.com to ensure it's listening and open.

The port was opened successfully.

ExRCA is checking the host autodiscover.joneslowry.com for an HTTP redirect to the Autodiscover service.

The redirect (HTTP 301/302) response was received successfully.

Additional Details

Redirect URL: autodiscover-s.outlook.com/.../Autodiscover.xml

Attempting to test potential Autodiscover URL https://autodiscover s.outlook.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml

Testing of the Autodiscover URL was successful.

Test Steps

Attempting to resolve the host name autodiscover-s.outlook.com in DNS.

Additional Details

IP addresses returned: xxx.xx.xxx.xx, xxx.xx.xxx.xxx, xxx.xx.xxx.xxx, xxx.xx.xxx.xxx

Testing TCP port 443 on host autodiscover-s.outlook.com to ensure it's listening and open.

The port was opened successfully.

Testing the SSL certificate to make sure it's valid.

The certificate passed all validation requirements.

Test Steps

ExRCA is attempting to obtain the SSL certificate from remote server autodiscover-s.outlook.com on port 443.

ExRCA successfully obtained the remote SSL certificate.

Additional Details

Remote Certificate Subject: CN=outlook.com, OU=Exchange, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US, Issuer: CN=Microsoft Secure Server Authority, DC=redmond, DC=corp, DC=microsoft, DC=com.

Validating the certificate name.

The certificate name was validated successfully.

Additional Details

Host name autodiscover-s.outlook.com was found in the Certificate Subject Alternative Name entry.

Certificate trust is being validated.

The certificate is trusted and all certificates are present in the chain.

Test Steps

ExRCA is attempting to build certificate chains for certificate CN=outlook.com, OU=Exchange, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US.

One or more certificate chains were constructed successfully.

Additional Details

A total of 1 chains were built. The highest quality chain ends in root certificate CN=GTE CyberTrust Global Root, OU="GTE CyberTrust Solutions, Inc.", O=GTE Corporation, C=US.

Analyzing the certificate chains for compatibility problems with versions of Windows.

No Windows compatibility problems were identified.

Additional Details

The certificate chain has been validated up to a trusted root. Root = CN=GTE CyberTrust Global Root, OU="GTE CyberTrust Solutions, Inc.", O=GTE Corporation, C=US.

Testing the certificate date to confirm the certificate is valid.

Date validation passed. The certificate hasn't expired.

Additional Details

The certificate is valid. NotBefore = 4/17/2012 9:26:21 PM, NotAfter = 4/17/2014 9:26:21 PM

Checking the IIS configuration for client certificate authentication.

Client certificate authentication wasn't detected.

Additional Details

Accept/Require Client Certificates isn't configured.

Attempting to send an Autodiscover POST request to potential Autodiscover URLs.

ExRCA successfully retrieved Autodiscover settings by sending an Autodiscover POST.

Test Steps

ExRCA is attempting to retrieve an XML Autodiscover response from URL autodiscover-s.outlook.com/.../Autodiscover.xml for user intern@joneslowry.com.

The Autodiscover XML response was successfully retrieved.

• config365.com

try that little utility there and see if it won't reconfigure/connect your outlook.

• Hi kjsofla,

From your reply, there is no problems with the Autodiscover service.
    If this issue still exists, I recommend you to try the steps below to narrow down the root cause of the issues.
    1. Switch to another network environment and don't use the domain-joined computer to see if the problem persists.
    2. Confirm that if all users in the same Office 35 tenant have the same problem.

Thanks,
    Larry He

• Hi JerryRaia,

In order to help your more effectively, i suggest you to create a new thread.

Thanks,

Larry He

• Hi kjsofla,

How are things going?
    If you need more help, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,
    Larry He