No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

error code 85010016

This question is answered This question is answered

I've just signed up to Online Exchange and I'm the only one in my office using a HTC Windows 7 Mobile Operating system. I have added my Exchange account to the HTC phone and recieve error code 85010016. Anyone seen this before? My Android Tablet works fine. My co-workers Android Smart phones work fine. I have tried to set up a number of different Exchange accounts from O365 Online Exchange to my HTC and all have recieved the same error. All accounts are set up using Autodiscover so not POP or IMAP, and all accounts connect to different hosts. 1 account however did work for a couple of hours, that account was the only account I had noticed didn't have a domain field in the Synch Settings. The rest of the accounts I tried setting had a domain field, all of which were left blank by the autodiscover.

Any help is appreciated as it is quite annoying not having my emails on my phone.

Thanks

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi QTT,
    I understand that when you try to add exchange account to your HTC Windows 7 Mobile Operating system, you get the error code 85010016.
    If so, to narrow down your issue, please refer to following steps:
    1.Please follow the wizard of set up exchange account on Windows Phone, and recreate your exchange account again.
    Wizard: http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/dd936215.aspx
    2.Please follow these two links to troubleshoot your issue:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp6n-sync/activesync-error-code-85010016/ca671e9e-7327-43d2-809e-6da8a0730f72?auth=1
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-wppeople/cant-sync-w-exchange-2003-error-code-80072ee2/9420645c-858f-45f3-9530-64747b3d03fc?auth=1

    Thanks,
    Robert Li

  • Hi QTT,

    My organisation is having the same issue.  I've got 2 user with HTC Windows Phone 7 devices.  They have been working without issue for the last 4 months and then last weekend (5th May 2012) they dropped their connections to Office 365 and they haven't been able to sync.  

    The strange  thing is that one of my users  is personal assistance and sync her Office 365 and her managers Office 365 accounts to the same HTC Windows Phone 7 device.  Her mail works fine however her managers mail no longer works and the account under mail setting is receiving the same error as above.  The manager uses  an iPhone and having no issues accessing Office 365 services.  

    If you open up your browser on your Windows Mobile 7 device, logon to portal.microsoftonline.com and access your outlook from with the browser, are you able to  open up your mailbox?  Both users from the Windows 7 Mobile device are unable to but can open their accounts on other smart phone devices.  

    I'm thinking certificates?  Windows Phone 7 wiz-kids out there:  Is there anyway to update the Office 365 certs on Windows Mobile 7 devices without deleting and re-creating the entire Office 365 account?

    I know more questions than answers but it might spark up a productive discussion to solve our problem.

    Cheers,

    Grant.

  • Hi QTT,
    Thanks for Grant_TMG's post.
    I want to check if your issue has been resolved.
    If you need further assistance, please feel free to reply to me.

    Thanks,
    Robert Li

    0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

  • Hi guys, I was finally able to resolve this issue thanks to Microsofts helpdesk suggestion. The issue was potentially with Telstra, my ISP for my Phone internet connection. It appears that Telstra has a device in the way between the phone and Microsoft that is ultimately blocking traffic to Microsoft. I had to change my APN settings on my phone to route traffic via a different path and now it works perfectly. This is at the expense of my data download tracking. So if you are with Telstra, I suggest using APN telstra.internet by editing your APN settings. Good luck to anyone who decides to take on Telstra to try and change their internet setings to get this to work without having to change the APN.

  • WOW... That did the trick.  Now lets just hope the devices batteries don't drain within 6 hours (documented issue with WIndows Phone 7 and the telstra.internet APN).  If it does, try telstra.iph.

    Thanks for posting this unbelievable fix.  

    Cheers,

    Grant.