No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

unable to receive emails

This question is answered This question is answered

I can send emails to the outside world but I cannot receive emails from anyone in my office 365 account.

Any ideas to help me with this issue?

Verified Answer
  • Hi hensan,

I understand that you can send email to outside, but you can’t receive email from your office 365 account.

If so, to narrow down your issue, please follow below steps:
    1. Please make sure you have configured a correct MX record for your domain on dns server. to get the DNS information for your domain, you can click DNS Settings from MOP.
    a.Sign in your MOP from here(portal.microsoftonline.com).
    b.Admin->Domains->Manage DNS.
    2. If the MX record for your domain is correct and the issue persists, please send a test email from one of your external mailbox (e.g Hotmail) to reproduce the problem. And then, post back the full content of NDR message to allow us understand the problem in more details.

Thanks,
    Robert Li

• kenkimball,

How are you accessing that mail addressed to kenkimball@thecvg.com?

You cannot use your OLSB Business email account for kenkimball@thecvg.com anymore.

Take a look at this:  Keep my OLSB business email accounts?

All Replies
  • Did you move your Business email accounts to Office 365 or are you using the same accounts that were on OLSB?

That a look at / click this --> Keep my OLSB business email accounts?

• Hi hensan,

I understand that you can send email to outside, but you can’t receive email from your office 365 account.

If so, to narrow down your issue, please follow below steps:
    1. Please make sure you have configured a correct MX record for your domain on dns server. to get the DNS information for your domain, you can click DNS Settings from MOP.
    a.Sign in your MOP from here(portal.microsoftonline.com).
    b.Admin->Domains->Manage DNS.
    2. If the MX record for your domain is correct and the issue persists, please send a test email from one of your external mailbox (e.g Hotmail) to reproduce the problem. And then, post back the full content of NDR message to allow us understand the problem in more details.

Thanks,
    Robert Li

• Hi hensan,

I want to check if your issue has been resolved.
    If you need further assistance, please feel free to reply to me.

Thanks,
    Robert Li

• Robert,

I am having a similiar problem...

Switched to 365 and had a domain transfered, www.thecvg.com.  Set up email address, kenkimball@thecvg.com.  I can send emails from this address and can actually see that kenkimball@thecvg.com sent them, but cannot receive emails to this address.

Don't know if this matters, but I also cannot edit or view my site.  I did everything as far as I could until I got to the point that I needed to wait about 72 hours to allow to repropagate.  That was on April 30th.

Need help, losing business.

• kenkimball,

How are you accessing that mail addressed to kenkimball@thecvg.com?

You cannot use your OLSB Business email account for kenkimball@thecvg.com anymore.

Take a look at this:  Keep my OLSB business email accounts?

• Hi hensan,

I'd like to check if your issue has been resolved.
    If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
    Robert Li