create distribution list membership report

This question is answered This question is answered
How do I create a report with a list of members of all my distribution groups?
Verified Answer
  • Hi Dhas,

There is no general report for the list of distribution groups or the member of distribution groups. However, you can use Powershell to export this kind of information. To do that you can take a look the following information:

1, connect Exchange online via PowerShell help.outlook.com/.../cc952755.aspx
    2, Get-DistributionGroup (to list all the DistributionGroup)  || Get-DistributionGroupMember -Identity <group name>  (list of all the member of the group)

Additional information:  you can take a look at social.technet.microsoft.com/.../63ad55d1-1393-4533-8065-1d7cbd8657fa

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Hi Dhas,

As you mentioned, currently the report of list all dg and all the member of dg  is unavailable in Office365 Exchange online. If you have any questions or have additional information to add to your previous suggestion, I would suggest you submitting a feedback at mymfe.microsoft.com/.../Feedback.aspx

Thanks, Neo Zhu

All Replies
  • Hi Dhas,

There is no general report for the list of distribution groups or the member of distribution groups. However, you can use Powershell to export this kind of information. To do that you can take a look the following information:

1, connect Exchange online via PowerShell help.outlook.com/.../cc952755.aspx
    2, Get-DistributionGroup (to list all the DistributionGroup)  || Get-DistributionGroupMember -Identity <group name>  (list of all the member of the group)

Additional information:  you can take a look at social.technet.microsoft.com/.../63ad55d1-1393-4533-8065-1d7cbd8657fa

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Hi Dhas,

How are you doing? I am just writing to see if there is any progress on this issue. I do not mean to push you. I just want to ensure that you do not encounter any problems during the troubleshooting. Thank you.

Neo Zhu

• It isn't a feasible solution - too time consuming to view individual lists when you have 80+ Distribution lists, it’s just as easy to view in manager and cut and paste.  I've tried locating a script to export groups with members with no luck.   As a long time Exchange manager and now working with Office 365, it seems reporting features has been a requested feature for many years - why has Microsoft ignored this?

• Hi Dhas,

As you mentioned, currently the report of list all dg and all the member of dg  is unavailable in Office365 Exchange online. If you have any questions or have additional information to add to your previous suggestion, I would suggest you submitting a feedback at mymfe.microsoft.com/.../Feedback.aspx

Thanks, Neo Zhu