Wasted white space around slide show.

This question is not answered This question is not answered
Please explain to me how to get rid of the wasted white space around my slide show.
All Replies
  • Hello Ma'am,

This is Cody with Microsoft SharePoint Online Support. Thank you for your post.

This issue will require you to edit the CSS styles for the web page. Inside Internet Explorer, load the page and press (F12). This will bring up the page code and you will be able to find if the CSS includes any extra space or border.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. Have a great weekend!

Best Regards,

Cody Spears

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hello Ma’am,

This is Jason Burnside from Microsoft Office365 SharePoint Support.

Thanks for coming to the communities with your concerns about the white space surrounding your slideshow.

Did you have any further questions?

I will continue to monitor this thread for further posts or any additional questions.

• I see the CSS but I don't know what ot look for. I need further explaination of what exactly to look for in CSs.

• To remove the unwanted space above the slide show gadget, you may try changing the layout to reposition the zones, put the slide show in a zone by itself,  or you may use the Microsoft Picture Manager to optimize and/or resize the images so they are the same size.

If the issue persists after changing the layout and editing the images using the Microsoft Picture Manager, you may want to consider changing the padding, extra space, or border of the slide show gadget by customizing the code. Inside Internet Explorer, load the page and press (F12) which will bring up the code.

Unfortunately, custom coding is unsupported by our team however you may call 1-800-Microsoft. This service may include a consulting fee.  You may also check out the following links which you may find helpful:

2 out of 2 people found this post helpful.

• You said "You may also check out the following links which you may find helpful:" but you didn't put any links. 

• Hello Butterfly ,

Here are the development links which you may find helpful:

SharePoint Online for Office 365: Developer Guide

Office 365 Developer Training Course

SharePoint Online for Office 365 Developer Guide

MSDN Sample Code Site

I will continue to monitor this thread for further posts or questions.

• Hello Butterfly,

Did you have any further questions?

I will continue to monitor this thread for further posts or questions.