No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

After migration iCal doesn't sync calendars

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

Good day.

I have two users running Mac OS with the latest upadates, and they use Mac's mail and iCal applications.
After we did the migration to 365, iCal started having problems with the calendar sync. 

When they try to open and sync previously shared calendars (before transition) from different people in the organization they receive a message saying: 

"iCal can't save the calendar "Calendar" to the exchange server.

The account some@email.com currently can't be modified. To discard your changes and continue using the version of your calendars that's on the server, click Revert to Server. To save your changes on your computers until the problem is resolved, click Go Offiline"

Whatever option is chosen, the problem continues.

On Mac mail, shared calendars are called "delegates". I have also notice that when you want to open someone else's calendar, or "Add a delegate", it doesn't work. It's like there's no connection to the server. 

However, both Mac users have their own calendars working and can update it, the problem seems to only be with delegated calendars.

I did a request on this, but the official answer is that Microsoft only supports Office 2011 for Mac. Since we are a non-profit organization and cannot really spend money on this (specially when it was working before), I'm desperately looking for a different solution. 

Any help will be much appreciated. 
Thanks and regards.

All Replies
  • Hi malesandro,

I suggest you share the calendars again and check if iCal can sync the newly shared calendars.

If the issue persists, I would like to confirm the following information for further research:

1. What’s the migration type you have done?

2. What’s the detailed Mac OS version?

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Hi malesandro,

How are things going? If the issue persists, could you please provide the detailed information required in my previous post?

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Hello Mindy Pan,

Thanks for your answer, and sorry for the late reply.

I tried doing what you told me. I first removed myself from the test user delegates' list, and sent a share calendar request.

Since she uses Mail and not Outlook, when she receives the share calendar request she hast to do it in a different way than Outlook users (where you just accept and that's is). She has to add the delegate person to the delegates list (since she got permission there's not a problem). Anyway, this method doesn't work, when I typed either my username or my complete name nothing happened, nothing was added.

The migration type that I did was only for emails, from the old regular BPOS to Outlook 365.

And this particular user is running OS Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

Thanks again and best regards,

Mariano

• Hi Mariano,

Thank you for your reply and providing the detailed information.

To continue troubleshoot this issue,  please remove the mail account from Mail for Mac,  and the reconnect the mailbox referring to the following article:

Set Up Mail for Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard Access to Your E-Mail Account
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/ee461396.aspx

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Hi Mindy Pan,

Thanks again for your answer. I will get on this today and hopefully will have something to report tomorrow.

Best regards,

Mariano

• Hi Mariano,

Thank you for your reply.

When there is any update about this issue, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Hi Mariano,

Is there any update about this iCal calendars issue?

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Hi Mindy Pan,

I still have no answers from the user, but as soon as I have one I'll update the case.

Regards,

Mariano

• Hi Mariano,

Thank you for your reply.

Given this situation, when there is any update about this issue, please post the information here on the forum.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Hi Mindy Pan,

Here I am again :)

Now my user has tried all the options you have described. When she now tries to for example add me as delegate, she can now see my name being found on the server, but when she tries to confirm the operation she gets a new error:

CalExchangeErrorDomain 65

Any other ideas?

Regards,

Mariano

• Hello malesandro,

The next thing to try is setting the permissions through Powershell (this will need to be done from a Windows-baesd computer)

1. Install and configure Windows PowerShell.
    2. Connect Windows PowerShell to Exchange Online.
    3. Run the cmdlet below to grant appropriate permission to a user, who can view or edit another one’s calendar.
    Add-MailboxFolderPermission –Identity -AccessRight -User

Note: The Identity parameter specifies the recipient and folder that you want to change the permissions for, and the User parameter specifies who's granted permission to view or modify the folder contents of the user specified in the Identity parameter.

For example:
    This example assigns permissions for Anna to access John's calendar mailbox folder and applies the readitems role to her access of that folder
    Add-MailboxFolderPermission –Identity john@contoso.com:\Calendar -AccessRight ReadItems -User anna@contoso.com

For more information about add mailbox folder permission, please refer to the article below:
    Add-MailboxFolderPermission
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd298062.aspx

After this is done, wait about 15-30 minutes for the permissions to take hold, then restart the mail clients and test again. Please let us know if this works.
    All the best,
    Ryan E. Geiger