Outlook VS outlook web app light

This question is answered This question is answered

I am the administrator of our account and each time I click into outlook, I am sent to outlook web app light. My other users have outlook and I do not. How can I use outlook instead of the web app light. I was also the only one that did not get a temporary password when I set up the account for my email. I want to use the same format they do for email, so how can I switch out of web app light?

Verified Answer
  • Hi GSmiens,

You can switch to outlook web apps view by changing the option. when sign up for the office 365 first time and clicking outlook ask to select language and time zone, in the next screen you will see a option " Use the Blind and low vision experience " if this option is checked the outlook light web app will be activated it is unchecked the normal outlook web app will be activated. 

To Activate the Outlook Web Apps follow the steps below:

Click outlook to open the outlook web apps light

Click Options on the right side corner near the sign out button

Click Accessibility on the Left side ->> Uncheck the option " Use the Blind and low vision experience " and Click Save.

Sign out and Sign in again to see the general Outlook Web Apps.

Thanks and Regards,

Surya Begum.

All Replies
  • Hi GSmiens,

You can switch to outlook web apps view by changing the option. when sign up for the office 365 first time and clicking outlook ask to select language and time zone, in the next screen you will see a option " Use the Blind and low vision experience " if this option is checked the outlook light web app will be activated it is unchecked the normal outlook web app will be activated. 

To Activate the Outlook Web Apps follow the steps below:

Click outlook to open the outlook web apps light

Click Options on the right side corner near the sign out button

Click Accessibility on the Left side ->> Uncheck the option " Use the Blind and low vision experience " and Click Save.

Sign out and Sign in again to see the general Outlook Web Apps.

Thanks and Regards,

Surya Begum.

• Hi Surya,

Thanks for your reply on the forum.

Hi GSmiens,

Does the reply above answer your question?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo